Red deers rutting

Name
Billy
Edit My Images
Yes
These shots were taken a few months ago on a cloudy morning on Chatsworth estate, but it's taken me quite a while to get round to them! I was lucky enough to see an actual fight between two stags which was pretty exciting! It was a cloudy morning so me, my D3200 and 70-300VR struggled a little and I had to really whack up the ISOs so the shots are by no means the best quality in the world! Luckily it brightened up a little later though to get some autumnal shots.
C+C very welcome!

1. (bit gutted about the weird modern art statue thing going on in the background of this one!)
Stags in Battle by Billy Clapham, on Flickr

Stand Off by Billy Clapham, on Flickr

Clash by Billy Clapham, on Flickr

Red in Tooth and Claw by Billy Clapham, on Flickr

5. The hinds weren't sure what to make of me photographing the fight!
Watching on... by Billy Clapham, on Flickr

6. One from much later on, probably my favourite of the day
Autumn Pride by Billy Clapham, on Flickr

Cheers for looking!
Bill

PS. theres a few more on my blog for anyone interested: http://billyclapham.co.uk/wildlife-2/chatsworth-rut

Last edited:
Hi Bill

that last one is wonderful......you couldn't have got it any better had it been staged , great eye contact, great autumnal colors....lovely :clap:

The set is good but the last image is really jumping out. Love the one with the does looking at you if only you had got their feet in.

I love them all except the first and that's only because the weird sculpture thingy is so distracting. Am not so keen on the black & white image either but the rest are excellent in my opinion. No criticism to make.

Back