Red Dwarf X

Name
Wayne
Edit My Images
Yes
Anyone else as excited as me about the return of the big rouge one ?

Roll on 4th of October

Depends if it is anything like some of the more recent series or if it hits the highs it did before!

Personally, I think they should leave it alone! It needs to be as good as the earlier series' for me to change my mind on this :0)

I am looking forward to it, but as others has already pointed out, it needs to have the wits of the early stuff to make it work (the recent feature length episode was just too boring for my liking).
My favourite character is Kryten - he's so funny, as simple as that. I'm glad he was created for the series.

Well, I have been keeping myself up to date with all the info on the latest series and, as far as I can tell, they are taking it back to how it originally was, complete with live studio audience (wish I could have gone) and concentrating on the relationship between the characters, especially Rimmer and Lister.
It is the same cast, without Chloë Annett as Kristine Kochanski, so, that is one big redeeming feature, never was keen on her.
I totally agree that the last 3 part Back To Earth was absolutely awful as was last couple of series, so, I too will reserve judgement until I get to see the new series.

As you all might gather, I am a HUGE RD fan and am always happy to see new stuff to do with the show.

I have waited a long time for this, but after seeing the trailer, I'm seeing a lot of wrinkles, grey hair and receding hairlines.

Unfortunately, even in space, you get old.............unless you go into stasis when the show is off air, lol.

He's dead, Dave. Everybody's dead. Everybody is dead, Dave!

Wait. Are you trying to tell me everybody's dead?

(Quietly) I wish I'd never let him out in the first place.

For those saying leave it alone....I believe the scripts were written for Red Dwarf X at the back end of the 90s, and the original chronology was that it was before Back To Earth, so the script writing could still be dynamite.

I don't think Back To Earth (RD9) was all that bad, I actually quite enjoyed it; and I'm certainly looking forward to RD10!

ChrisMClark said:
For those saying leave it alone....I believe the scripts were written for Red Dwarf X at the back end of the 90s, and the original chronology was that it was before Back To Earth, so the script writing could still be dynamite.

I don't think Back To Earth (RD9) was all that bad, I actually quite enjoyed it; and I'm certainly looking forward to RD10!

The script isn't really the main issue, it's like the last of the Only Fools episodes. Characters like Del Trotter and Lister work fine when they're portrayed in their late 20s/early 30s, they don't work when the actor trying to carry off the "lad" image is in their late 40s/early 50s......

Guess so Graham, but I think they can still pull it off. In Back to Earth time had passed; I don't think it'd been written to try and show the same late 20s Lister. I am worried it's going to turn out to be total bonk...but I'm also very excited!

After Back to Earth, I'm very sceptical about it but will give it a chance.

They really did peak with series 6 and it was always going to be extremely difficult to keep it up with the following series. I'm one of the few that doesn't think 7 & 8 were too bad but Back to Earth was shockingly poor.

I can only hope that they would not have done season 10 if they weren't completely confident that they could do it justice.

Now off to get out the DVDs for some weekend viewing.

speaking of kickstarting old british classics, did anyone else hear that they are bringing back bottom after 18 years? Something to do with them shipwreaked on an island with tortorous devices or something like that. if its true, it sounds so wrong that it may even work

archamedes said:
speaking of kickstarting old british classics, did anyone else hear that they are bringing back bottom after 18 years? Something to do with them shipwreaked on an island with tortorous devices or something like that. if its true, it sounds so wrong that it may even work

and Rentaghost is being made into a Hollywood movie :LOL:

As long as it's cheap & tacky looking and full of jokes like the earlier series I'll be happy :)(y)

I hope its not akin to Guest House Paradiso. Maybe I was in a bad mood that day, but I found it woeful :thumbsdown:

Oscellaris said:
As long as it's cheap & tacky looking and full of jokes like the earlier series I'll be happy :)(y)

Red Dwarf, or did you mean to post that on the new Sony DSLR thread?

:naughty: :exit:

"Kryten, go to red alert!"

"Are you sure sir? It does mean changing the bulb"

No Keith, Mr fLibble was a puppet from the episode 'Quarantine' when Rimmer gets a Holovirus. Clicky!

Mr Flibble may have been, but fwibble wasn't. (Neil edited his post see, just after I quoted him. but anyway, we digress)

"Sir, you are a smee, a smm, a smee, a smee heeee"

When does the new series actually start?

'Follow the Rimmer shaped blur!'

but fwibble wasn't.

If you are thinking of what should be said while wearing your underpants on your head and two pencils up your nose (in order to be thought bonkers and thus gain a medical discharge)

that was 'wibble ' ;)

Blackadder is another they should leave alone - it was excellent, but everything rowan atkinson has done since (thin blue line, mr bean, johnny english etc) has been woeful

I'll watch it but I think they're too old to play the parts and i'm too old to enjoy them.

It's ironic that 'Timeslides' one of my favourite episodes.

Back