red eyed tree frog

Hi there Mark, this picture bypassed me and it was your other thread in the general section that led me to it. What an absolute beauty of a photo and a great subject. I keep Poison Dart Frogs (Dendrobates Tinctorius to be specific). This is the sort of photography i like to do, any chance of any more words regarding the setup used to capture the image? If thats ok. Thanks :)

Oh boy, that's simply gorgeous.
That should be a book cover or centrespread.
A well deserved accolade.

Hi there Mark, this picture bypassed me and it was your other thread in the general section that led me to it. What an absolute beauty of a photo and a great subject. I keep Poison Dart Frogs (Dendrobates Tinctorius to be specific). This is the sort of photography i like to do, any chance of any more words regarding the setup used to capture the image? If thats ok. Thanks :)

Thanks James.the pic was taken here:
http://captivelight.co.uk/our-photo-workshops/reptiles-plus-workshop/

We spent the morning doing Reptiles and the afternoon doing Harvest mice.
Miles, the guy who runs the days, supplies studio lighting and plenty of different backdrops and props, and is very open to new ideas and props.

Very easy to get pics in this situation. If you are not syre Miles will happily give advice or even setup the camera for you.....

A very pleasant day in the studio for around £110 IIRC....

The rest of my pics from the day can be seen here :
https://www.flickr.com/photos/30938108@N02/albums/72157699722325914

@reheat module , thank you, I just pressed the shutter tho tbh.....

@JamesRose - I meant to say - Ive always wanted to try Dart frogs, I think they are stunning, so Id love to see some shots of yours.

Currently have a Crested gecko and Peacock day gecko...

Black acylic sheet works really for refelctions of well behaved critters...

Thanks James.the pic was taken here:
http://captivelight.co.uk/our-photo-workshops/reptiles-plus-workshop/

We spent the morning doing Reptiles and the afternoon doing Harvest mice.
Miles, the guy who runs the days, supplies studio lighting and plenty of different backdrops and props, and is very open to new ideas and props.

Very easy to get pics in this situation. If you are not syre Miles will happily give advice or even setup the camera for you.....

A very pleasant day in the studio for around £110 IIRC....

The rest of my pics from the day can be seen here :
https://www.flickr.com/photos/30938108@N02/albums/72157699722325914

@reheat module , thank you, I just pressed the shutter tho tbh.....

Absolutely fantastic, currently going through your pics and checking out the website, looks awesome!

@JamesRose - I meant to say - Ive always wanted to try Dart frogs, I think they are stunning, so Id love to see some shots of yours.

Currently have a Crested gecko and Peacock day gecko...

Black acylic sheet works really for refelctions of well behaved critters...

I will get some shots for you, great personality they have. We are actually currently setting up an enclosure for Red Eye Tree Frogs :)

We had Leopard Gecko’s but lost them to parasites sadly, Beardies next :)

Sticky feets are the coolest, everyone has Beardies.....

I had a pair of Giant Day Geckos, they were awesome, scared of nothing.....

In fact, pics o Flickr of them as well lol

Ive heard Red eyes are very stressy and prone to disease, is that right >?

Amazing photo - love the colours, sharpness, DoF

May I ask if it's macro and focus stacked or just a single image?

Amazing photo - love the colours, sharpness, DoF

May I ask if it's macro and focus stacked or just a single image?

Hi
Was shot using a D500 with Tamron 90mm Macro - but is a single shot, no stacking....
Pretty small aperture used as studio flash in use, so DOF is easy, the colours are just striking thanks to the dark bg and high subhect matter colours....
Its a very satisfying shot to view, but really wasnt complicated to create.
Thanks for looking

Sticky feets are the coolest, everyone has Beardies.....

I had a pair of Giant Day Geckos, they were awesome, scared of nothing.....

In fact, pics o Flickr of them as well lol

Ive heard Red eyes are very stressy and prone to disease, is that right >?

Not particularly, other species of Tree Frog are much more difficult. Red eyes can be handled (Carefully) and are generally very easy to look after. Never had a Beardie but their temperament is what's drawing me to them.

Just at work at the mo will respond more later if you want anymore info. Still having a look through your flikr, awesome shots :)

For those that maybe interested, for my own benefit I toook a pull back on my phone....

This shot was where the Harvest mouse under the leaf came from....

IMG_0978 by Mark P, on Flickr

Lovely colours and detail (y)

Back