Captive Red Kite

Name
Mick
Edit My Images
Yes
Captive unfortunately, but still nice to watch and photograph!

22853070292_3f81d1fe3c_b.jpg

Captive unfortunately, but still nice to watch and photograph!

Unfortunately… really?
Just look at the shot you got! Captive birds have all kind of things
attached to them, this one not. I shot a lot of wildlife but never one
of these.

Mind you, this take has a bit more potential that maybe you could
bring out in PP.

Unfortunately… really?
Just look at the shot you got! Captive birds have all kind of things
attached to them, this one not. I shot a lot of wildlife but never one
of these.

Mind you, this take has a bit more potential that maybe you could
bring out in PP.

Yes only unfortunate in that it would have been great to get a shot like this in the wild? But yes I am happy to have seen them close and get a half decent image :)

This shot was at the end of the day and the site wasn't set up for photographers being backlit where we had to sit, so it was hard work to get a useable shot? the original was very dark so took a lot of shadow recovery to get to a useable image?

Yes only unfortunate in that it would have been great to get a shot like this in the wild

Right… catching this in the wild would have made of you a local hero ;-)
but nothing says that the shot would be better!

What software did you use?

Right… catching this in the wild would have made of you a local hero ;-)
but nothing says that the shot would be better!

What software did you use?

LOL I guess a local hero would have been good :)

No I agree it doesn't mean it would be better if it was in the wild but it would have been more rewarding somehow? That half of the hobby a bit of fieldcraft etc and not knowing what you will see on a particular day out, it so much more rewarding getting a photograph out of the ordinary than having one given you on a plate, guess the saying shooting fish in a barrel comes to mind?

I edit everything in photoshop, I haven't kept the original raw file unfortunately to show you, as unless it something special the files take to much space up so get deleted as my hard drive gets full!

Going via Corby the Red Kite fly alongside the loco on Harringworth viaduct. It really is a great photo opp going to waste!

Back