Red Kites

Great shots, what camera lens?

I had a kite above me the other day, but my 200mm was just not enough. Shame as don't normally see them this far down the south.

I went up to Harewood House today, after seeing the Red Kites I am incredibly envious of your photos. I had a crack but dull grey sky, they were just blobs in the sky with very little detail... I'll have to go back on a nice summers day....

I went up to Harewood House today, after seeing the Red Kites I am incredibly envious of your photos. I had a crack but dull grey sky, they were just blobs in the sky with very little detail... I'll have to go back on a nice summers day....

Thanks for the kind words. The sun certainly helps, especially when it is a bit lower in the evening as it gets under the birds much easier.

Where is Harewood House?

Thanks for the kind words. The sun certainly helps, especially when it is a bit lower in the evening as it gets under the birds much easier.

Where is Harewood House?

It's outside of Leeds, they re-introduced a pair of them in 1999 now there is give or take 300 of them around the estate and a little bit farther afield in Yorkshire...

I was told on Sunday by a local as he jogged by, the best place to go is Harewood Village Hall between 3.30pm & 4pm as they all come over and come in very low and close.

It's outside of Leeds, they re-introduced a pair of them in 1999 now there is give or take 300 of them around the estate and a little bit farther afield in Yorkshire...

I was told on Sunday by a local as he jogged by, the best place to go is Harewood Village Hall between 3.30pm & 4pm as they all come over and come in very low and close.

Thanks.

We had a similar release programme near Stokenchurch on the M40 probably about the same time.

They have gone a bit mad sadly and other species have suffered a bit as a result.

Back