Wild Red Kites

• Thread starter Deleted member 34016
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 34016

Last edited by a moderator:
Lovely set Les good enough for the Bird section I think. Bar The sheep of course.

#1/4/5 are my favs with #4 being my absolute fav looks like you are eye level with it where you up a 30 ft ladder. ;)

Pink hi vis is working a treat for you. (Returned to sender) :p

Lovely set Les good enough for the Bird section I think. Bar The sheep of course.

#1/4/5 are my favs with #4 being my absolute fav looks like you are eye level with it where you up a 30 ft ladder. ;)

Pink hi vis is working a treat for you. (Returned to sender) :p

Thank you Bryn, they flew almost level with us as we were on a hillside- looking for a classic landscape shot

I like the synchronised flying in the first!

Thank you, my personal fave too

cracking shots

Thank you comments appreciated

:Les

Good set Les, always a shame to have a dull sky but you have what you get :)

If you look in detail at #1 its just a little blurred (or OOF or high Iso , not sure which), so from a technical point of view it gets a very small minus point, BUT from any other perspective what a wonderful shot, absolutely stunning. Hard enough to get one in shot but two like that is breathtaking.

Matt

If you look in detail at #1 its just a little blurred (or OOF or high Iso , not sure which), so from a technical point of view it gets a very small minus point, BUT from any other perspective what a wonderful shot, absolutely stunning. Hard enough to get one in shot but two like that is breathtaking.

Matt

Thank you Matt- the ISO was up around 1600 and the lens was wide open so dof comes into play - they do look better on Flickr- (click on the image)

Your comments are of course appreciated

Les

Cracking set of inflight captures especially like the first one !

Great shots Les No 1 for me as Pitvar says its the synchronized flying that does it. But I also like No 4 for the "you looking at me stare.":naughty:

Great shots Les No 1 for me as Pitvar says its the synchronized flying that does it. But I also like No 4 for the "you looking at me stare.":naughty:

Thank you Chris, I appreciate you taking the time to comment

Les ;)

Stunning shots Les! Were you at the full 600mm for these? Handheld or using a tripod?

A few red kites have been spotted near where I live so I'm hoping to capture some soon. If I get close to the quality of these I'll be dead chuffed!

Stunning shots Les! Were you at the full 600mm for these? Handheld or using a tripod?

A few red kites have been spotted near where I live so I'm hoping to capture some soon. If I get close to the quality of these I'll be dead chuffed!

Thank you for taking the time to comment Philip.

I was shooting at various focal lengths from 400 to 600mm depending on the birds positions - hand held - auto ISO and between 1/1600th sec to 1/2000th sec f8 for most of them

Les

Back