Red Kites

Great feather detail on all but knowing how quickly they turn and dive #2 gets my accolade :)

Lovely set Mike and you've handled the light well.

We're off to Laurieston next week, loads there too, can't wait.

super set mike

Very nice shots, would these be taken at the cafe by any chance as I've been there a few times and a great location

Brilliant

Thanks Mike

Great feather detail on all but knowing how quickly they turn and dive #2 gets my accolade :)

Cheers Roger - certainly a low percentage shot but nice when you get a good one!

what sort of s/s did you use ?

Ta, these were around the 1/2500th - 1/3200th mark

wonderful shots

Thanks for that

Lovely set Mike and you've handled the light well.

We're off to Laurieston next week, loads there too, can't wait.

Hope you get decent light. If you have the option try and get the wind behind you so they dive towards you

Beautiful shots, especially #2!

Thanks for that

super set mike

Chers Jeff

Very nice shots, would these be taken at the cafe by any chance as I've been there a few times and a great location

Good spot Kev, great little location. Light and wind direction didn't co-operate this time but I can really see the potential on the right day

Mike

Cracking set Mike (y)

Not a fan of the sky colour in the first, looks over cooked somehow :confused:

Sky colour looks a lot more natural in the 2nd and 3rd shot, 3rd being the pick of the set for me :)

Thanks for that

Hope you get decent light. If you have the option try and get the wind behind you so they dive towards you

Cheers, I will give it a try. Getting the wind right should be ok as it's a vast area, I say Laurieston but Dumfries and Galloway would be more correct. There's a feeding station at Bellymack too, I might take little 'un to see that and may get some ops there as well.

Seems sort of lame to just say stunning image making after the help you have just given me,but it is exactly that.

. I sort of get where Phil is coming from Mike first image and blues,maybe I 'm so besotted with the excellance of the actual bird I don't feel quite so strongly as Phil,but I get where he's coming from. When I look at the three of this set, that first image's sky doesn't feel right against the other two.

Bar that niggle...nowt to change for me fabulous work !!

Back