Red Squirrel.

There's some good detail in the Red Squirrel. Can I ask how you process the background? Is it a vignette added in post? I noticed a similar style background in your recent Puffin image. I thought they look nice as if they have a studio portrait style background. It's not a style I often see in nature photography.

There's some good detail in the Red Squirrel. Can I ask how you process the background? Is it a vignette added in post? I noticed a similar style background in your recent Puffin image. I thought they look nice as if they have a studio portrait style background. It's not a style I often see in nature photography.

I thought he did a great job getting a squirrel to pose in a studio setting :p

It does really work in this image (I haven't seen the Puffin) and what a cracking image it is. I have a soft spot for the Red.

That is a superb capture, Dale - lovely detail and composition with great eye contact. Very well presented! A wall hanger for sure (y)

Russ
Beautiful!
Absolutely stunning!
One of the best I have seen ... well done

Thanks guys.

Sure.

A bit of a story and a long one short. I've been attempting my Photographer's Bar in Natural World Photography with the Guild of Photographers. I wanted to create something a little different to the norm and started using some light textures on the backgrounds of some of my images. It works for some but not all although this one got me a Silver award. I almost always put a slight vignette on most of my images, just to keep the eye in but the textures I sometimes use exagerate it.

I thought he did a great job getting a squirrel to pose in a studio setting :p

It does really work in this image (I haven't seen the Puffin) and what a cracking image it is. I have a soft spot for the Red.

Thanks.

Lol, we have quite a few reds not far away but I'm yet to get one in the studio. A pet red squirrel, now there's a thing. ;)

Love it!!!
Great processing ;)
great image
That's a pure peach of an image.
Gorgeous

thank you chaps.

Last edited:
A bit of a story and a long one short. I've been attempting my Photographer's Bar in Natural World Photography with the Guild of Photographers. I wanted to create something a little different to the norm and started using some light textures on the backgrounds of some of my images. It works for some but not all although this one got me a Silver award. I almost always put a slight vignette on most of my images, just to keep the eye in but the textures I sometimes use exagerate it.

It definitely works to give a different background to the normal nature photos.

Last edited:
Quote ...

Sure.

May be a tutorial on your workflow/technique would be helpful

Back