Red Squirrels, Hawes

Edit My Images
Yes
Great couple of hours Friday afternoon with these lovely little squirrels, well worth paying the small donation at the honesty box

Photographed in a small clearing where they're regularly fed, although wild, if you sit still, they come very close, lovely to see :)

D7200, Sigma 150-600C

All C&C welcome, thanks for looking

1 1024.jpg

2 1024.jpg

3 1024.jpg

4 1024.jpg

My pick is #3… but all sweet!

Lovely set of images Sir, liking all of these very much, with #3 & #4 just edging it for me.(y)

George.

Cool set me old mucker,and I'd love a crack at these,one day!!!

Gonna slap you for not being in portrait for 4 Phil,I reckon if I moan enough you'll give in,lmao:D but the frame is crying out to for me to be orientated in portrait

Phil 3 is also a belter,could you tone down the veggies just a bit LHS not much bro just a bit

As above mate rocking set,it's funny isn't it there is something slightly lacking for me in reds in summer coats,not your imaging bro just how I see the world go back for me a bit later in the year mate I'd love to see more from you of these

Hope ya good kiddo

stu

My pick is #3… but all sweet!

Well my pick would be the last - I love the pose, the lighting, the background and the detail in those claws and the face - but #3 just makes me smile. It's the way those ear tufts curl over :)

Lovely set of images Sir, liking all of these very much, with #3 & #4 just edging it for me.(y)

George.

Very nice set, #4 is very good IMHO

Thanks for the comments, much appreciated

Cool set me old mucker,and I'd love a crack at these,one day!!!

Gonna slap you for not being in portrait for 4 Phil,I reckon if I moan enough you'll give in,lmao:D but the frame is crying out to for me to be orientated in portrait

Phil 3 is also a belter,could you tone down the veggies just a bit LHS not much bro just a bit

As above mate rocking set,it's funny isn't it there is something slightly lacking for me in reds in summer coats,not your imaging bro just how I see the world go back for me a bit later in the year mate I'd love to see more from you of these

Hope ya good kiddo

stu

Thanks for dropping in Stu, the wife's just asked what I'm laughing at.......... I've told ya, portraits are for people and birds with jesses :D

But in all seriousness, ya know, I always forget to at least try one or two in portrait, it never enters me head until its mentioned at a later date! .....when I go back and I'm sure I will be doing, I definitely try a few :)

The bright veggie to the left in the 3rd was a 'do I or don't I' kind of decision, could be quite easily done but ended up leaving it thinking it possibly added to the shot?? Cheers Stu

atb, phil

Number 4 is the best for me. I like the eye contact and the subject is nicely isolated against the black background

Thanks for the comments, much appreciated

Thanks for dropping in Stu, the wife's just asked what I'm laughing at.......... I've told ya, portraits are for people and birds with jesses :D

But in all seriousness, ya know, I always forget to at least try one or two in portrait, it never enters me head until its mentioned at a later date! .....when I go back and I'm sure I will be doing, I definitely try a few :)

The bright veggie to the left in the 3rd was a 'do I or don't I' kind of decision, could be quite easily done but ended up leaving it thinking it possibly added to the shot?? Cheers Stu

atb, phil
I know I know,what can I say:rolleyes: lol. Mate the hares have pretty forced the use of portrait on me,so I guess i've almost been forced to learn the benefits ha ha and how much the transistion from one to the other can cost if one isn't fast enough. But it's a good skill to be armed with mate,thought i'd twist ya arm a bit plus couldn't resist the reds,nice !!!. Yup that green thing is def a personal pref :)I wouldn't remove just pull it back a bit.

cheers kiddo

stu

Very nice Phil. :clap::clap::clap::clap: #3 fantastic pose and the best of a good set although #4 very close. Back to #3 small crit.i think it looks better without the meat and two veg on a stick between the plant and subject:).............How did you con the Mrs. out of her d7200:LOL:

Nice set of pictures Phil

Very nice Phil. :clap::clap::clap::clap: #3 fantastic pose and the best of a good set although #4 very close. Back to #3 small crit.i think it looks better without the meat and two veg on a stick between the plant and subject:).............How did you con the Mrs. out of her d7200:LOL:

Thanks Charlie, hope ya well mate :) Now you mention it, it does look a tad rude :D .......I haven't tried the shot with vegetation cloned out/toned down, will give it a go. As for the D7200, its me own, I've had it well over 12 months now and pleased to report she's had no trouble with the one she bought since, can only put it down to the battery being fauly, cheers

Nice set of pictures Phil

Thanks Craig

I like the low angle or eye level you have used on these shots, a lot better than if you were looking down on them and it makes for a better photo.

I like the low angle or eye level you have used on these shots, a lot better than if you were looking down on them and it makes for a better photo.

Thanks Martin, I did end up with wet knees, next time I'll remember a mat to lay on.

Lovely set. All very nice and such beautiful creatures they are. I've never actually seen one. Must change that one of these days.

Lovely set. All very nice and such beautiful creatures they are. I've never actually seen one. Must change that one of these days.

Thanks Will, not seen many meself so to have these come so close was a superb.

Nice set Phil. Give it a few months and get some with the tufts on their ears for winter.

Great set. All I had today was Grey Squirrels. Wish I had those beautiful Red ones like yours. Really like the first one.

Nice set Phil. Give it a few months and get some with the tufts on their ears for winter.

Thanks Gary, a return with a light covering of snow is on me mind!

Great set. All I had today was Grey Squirrels. Wish I had those beautiful Red ones like yours. Really like the first one.

Thanks Dave, a lovely little creature, great characters!

Back