Red Squirrels on saturday

SKM

Edit My Images
No
Both my wife and I went to Brownsea again on Saturday and as usual they didn't disappoint, with at least half a dozen providing photo opportunites for most of the morning

A few more poses, including one in a tree - often they are much too high up to shoot but this one was just above eye level

stan

26232325290_44b4601d12_c.jpg

26412840772_364ef98392_c.jpg

this one is almost full frame, shot from about 2.5 metres

26479239836_9714f4f05f_z.jpg

Adorable creatures!
… and what do they look
like on Sundays? :)

I know we often need to bring them in with the promise of a nut, but I think the second is so much stronger without the bait. It's a great pose, nicely layered between the foreground, subject and background. Nice work Stan

thanks for looking guys

I know we often need to bring them in with the promise of a nut, but I think the second is so much stronger without the bait

i am not worried about including proper hazelnuts in the frame as after all they closely resemble acorns and other nuts they may find on their own - in fact I think it is an acorn in the close up

What really p***es me off and it happened last Tuesday was some photographers were bating them with peanuts and nothing looks worse in a shot, except perhaps the shelled walnuts they followed them up with

Stan

What a lovely set! No.2 is very cute so I think it's my favorite ;)

I went last Sunday and spent a few hours and over 500 shots with them. Boy are they quick, and cheeky!
Had to keep remembering to close the camera bag to stop them trying to steal the nuts.
Finished up with about 25 keepers so not a bad hit rate. Just got to process them now and start yet another red squirrel thread.

Already planning another trip back in a few weeks time.

I especially like the second shot. The reds are just so much more photogenic than the grey squirrels.

Cheers guys

Already planning another trip back in a few weeks time.

went over again today and still very active with half a dozen on the go again. Probably remain active like this for another two or three weeks and thats when the tree canopy starts to fill out making the light very difficult

Stan

A really great set Stan especially NO1 and NO3 first one looks really at ease and composed on the branch which lends its self to complete the photo.
The NO3 a excellent close up showing the detail to its best.
GEORGE.

thanks for looking George

A really great set Stan especially NO1 and NO3 first one looks really at ease and composed on the branch which lends its self to complete the photo.

I have hundreds of shots of them now and it is quite difficult to get something different so I was pleased to get the tree shot and the close up

Stan

Back