Reducing a print size in inches

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

I want to print a large wall mural from the Hubble telescope site.
They are 8 panels, either

8-Panel 40" x 80" Mural
Each of the 8 panels will fill a 20" x 20" frame. Ask your printer to use the 20" x 30" paper for each panel. A map showing the panel's orientation will be printed on the paper, which you will need to cut off to make a 20" x 20" panel.
or
8-Panel 32” x 64” Mural
Each of the 8 panels will fill a 16" x 16" frame. Ask your printer to use the 16" x 20" paper for each panel. A map showing the panel's orientation will be printed on the paper, which you will need to cut off to make a 16" x 16" panel.
making an image.

I have a new Brother inkjet that can print A3.

As im reducing the size im sure i wont loose quality??

I do have Photoshop but i only use Lightroom so i am a novice...

Question is can i get the panels printed on A3 photo paper?

Any advise is good

Thanks

Question is can i get the panels printed on A3 photo paper?

Yes - you'll simply have to rescale each panel to fit the paper unless the printer driver offers a 'fit to 1 page' option.

A3 - 11.69 x 16.53 inches - I'd use the versions of the image intended for 30" X 20" to rescale as a better fit/less waste of paper than those intended for 16" X 20".

Welcome to the forum.

Yes - you'll simply have to rescale each panel to fit the paper unless the printer driver offers a 'fit to 1 page' option.

A3 - 11.69 x 16.53 inches - I'd use the versions of the image intended for 30" X 20" to rescale as a better fit/less waste of paper than those intended for 16" X 20".

Welcome to the forum.

Rescale in Photoshop??

Rescale in your photo-managing application of choice.

If you used the images for 20X30 I'd rescale them to 4959 pixels on the long side - assuming your printer will print to the edge of the paper.

Back