Reflection of Drinking

Name
Tom
Edit My Images
Yes
V2C4634-Edit.jpg

Thanks for looking

Great capture :clap:
Love those water droplets; and the reflection (y)

Superb, sharp, clear, love the reflection and the drops (y)

That's a beautiful shot just marred by a bad green colour cast if you don't mind me saying..:)

2985675469_ff07fcb124_o.jpg

Wonderful shot, and even better thanks to Cedric's edit.

Fantastic :clap::clap::clap:

That's a beautiful shot just marred by a bad green colour cast if you don't mind me saying..:)

Thank you CT for your excellent edit - I do like it very much - and appreciate you doing it. For my own reference may I ask what you did?

I take your comment about the green cast but at the point where the sparrow is standing it is heavily foliaged - on either side and above - which is also reflected in the water. The standing stone and the background stones are also stained by algea. Therefore that scene is always going to have a green cast.

imho it is then a case of personal judgement as to having the image representative of the actual scene or editing the image to illustrate a different scene.

Tom

I suppose it does come down to personal judgement, and I do take your point about the surrounding foliage and the presence of algae, which I did think about when I first looked at the shot. The thing which struck me was the intense green of the foliage - just a bit too much 'Amazonian rain forest' and often a good indication of over-saturation or something amiss. The Sparrow is lacking that slight reddy brown which they tend to be, which I'm sure is another effect of the green overall cast.

I just set the wb to 6500K (Sunlight). slightly desaturated, and gave it a bit of a sharpen (what's new! :D)

Lovely behavioural shot though, worthy of a place on the wall. (y)

Many thanks CT

The description of 'Amazonian' is very apt for that part of the garden

Tom

I have to say that whilst I agree about the colour cast, the edit looks a tad oversharpened to me. It's given the face that slight "plasticky" look

Paul

It is a great shot and CT's edit is IMO better than the intense green, however, I still think the background colour is too bright and saturated for the sparrow's plumage.

Many thanks to you for your kind comments - very much appreciated and valued.

Tom

Lovely capture! Both edits are good but I lean towards the original slightly!

Lovely shot and a great edit.

Andy

Many thanks Dark Star and Andysnap for your kind comments - very much appreciated and valued.

Tom

One hell of a capture that was, I would have been well chuffed at that.

Many thanks Galaxy66 for your kind comments - very much appreciated and valued.

Tom

Back