Reflections

Name
Allan
Edit My Images
Yes
Was out walking the dog today and noticed this view, i always carry a camera with me so i managed to catch this reflection shot.I think the post crop reflex-1.jpg vignetting helps the photo.

Personal preferences with the vignetting, I think it is a tad strong, a nice image though.

I rarely appreciate positive vignetting and this one is convincing to me. I think
you got a great shot but the treatment just doesn't work for me.

The vignette shaves a good degree of attractiveness away from the image IMO.

Agree on the vignette having a negative effect ... it also looks to need a CW tweak :)

Putting aside the controversial vignette, this is a really lovely picture. The subtlety of the silvery greys through silvery greens to pale & delicate blue is just sublime.

I agree,the vignette is to much, will stick with the original reflex.jpg

Reactions: ST4

Optimizing your DRL would bring you here (but this may well not be your artistic intent):

reflexPP.jpg

…and you could do better with the RAW file.

I did not notice that. It does lean to the side. Or the lochan is going uphill

I rarely find these kind of wide angle reflection shots work as there isn't anything to hold the viewer's attention unfortunately. You need to hone in on something of interest, looks difficult here but maybe zoom in on the birch trees to the right hand side, especially if they change to their autumn colours before the surrounding foliage. Or having looked again those fallen trees to the left, you'd need special conditions or lighting to really pull it off. A white vignette is best avoided

Last edited:
Back