Reflective flooring

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

I have seem some photographs where the subject is reflected on on the floor. Not a mirror reflection but more subtle than that.

Either the floor is shiny or they have done soemthing in photoshop.

Assuming it is the floor what sort of surface could have been used and where could you get it from?

it's called perspex, sold by the sheets for retail fittings, stage productions, tradeshows, etc. look it up on ebay.co.uk there are a few sellers there, and also google it, one company is called www.theplasticshop.co.uk ... you can even buy samples from their HUGE range off their website for like only £5. But if you're going to get something over 4' in length or width, i'd highly suggest a depth of 4mm or more, as it will be very bendy! some people mount them to boards, but i just keep them loose and change them out for different shoots, by using them on a low table (about 2-1/2 feet from the floor) which gives perfection results in terms of background, etc.
our studio has 5 of these in various colours (white, black, clear, emerald, red) around 6'x4' each, I seem to remember they'll set you back about £200each with the delivery, and with the thickness i recommended (really makes a hug difference).
Highly recommend them, as you'll save tons of £££ on wasted background paper, and your models will be able to wear heels and/or any shoes without worry, as it just wipes clean!
very high fashion and good for product work too.

Back