Regeneration Plymouth Style

It's interesting that Plymouth lost out to Exeter in the regional airport stakes. Mind you it was fairly clear even 30 or 40 years ago that if either of them was going to make it that would be Exeter. I like how you've contrasted the poster and the air of dereliction. Shades of the original Back to the Future. :)

It's interesting that Plymouth lost out to Exeter in the regional airport stakes. Mind you it was fairly clear even 30 or 40 years ago that if either of them was going to make it that would be Exeter. I like how you've contrasted the poster and the air of dereliction. Shades of the original Back to the Future. :)
Thanks for commenting. I'm going to go back when I have a bit more time. Having used both of the airports quite a lot I never saw it as one or the other. For me Plymouth was convenient, particularly to get to somewhere like Gatwick or Bristol to connect to a proper airline. Exeter and Flybe are just very frustrating, I prefer to get a train or taxi to Bristol or the train to LHR. Plymouth's biggest issue was that the people that ran it into the ground were only interested in turning it into houses. They sold ASW to Eastern who wanted the London slots and then closed it.

Interesting to see this. I am due to move back your way, to Plymouth, after leaving the area in 1985.... and will be working adjacent to the airport.
Shame, sounds like an inquiry is required.

Back