Regents Canal houses, Camden Town

I know someone who lives in one of these, the flat part in the recess lifts up like a garage door, the are really cool inside.

lovely shot
but i think the houses look bloody awful
Thanks.
I have mixed feelings about them, although it's probably better than living on a main road!

On the designers website it says "The narrow site and the need to allow sunlight into living areas without south-facing windows dictated the distinctive form of the houses."

After 30 years they are starting to look like they could do with a bit of a clean up.

Last edited:
Look like something from Bladerunner.

Good shot :)

Thanks.
I have mixed feelings about them, although it's probably better than living on a main road!
Oi, I live on a main road :) .................. but I wouldnt mind living in one of those, do you know if they are private or housing trust, they seem to have a social housing feel about them and knowing Camden Council it's highly likely.
As for the photo, I think I might have gone a bit more contrasty, I think they need a grittier edge to them, but a good spot and nicely framed, great effort.

Last edited:
Oi, I live on a main road .................. but I wouldnt mind living in one of those, do you know if they are private or housing trust, they seem to have a social housing feel about them and knowing Camden Council it's highly likely.
As for the photo, I think I might have gone a bit more contrasty, I think they need a grittier edge to them, but a good spot and nicely framed, great effort.
Sorry - nothing personal intended!
The landowners who commissioned the project are J Sainsbury (the supermarket) AFAIK the houses are privately owned and don't come onto the market very often, no doubt commanding a suitably exhorbitant price when they do!

I was going for a smooth, detailed look in the processing, but maybe the subject might be more suitable with a more grungy treatment.

Thanks.

On the designers website it says "The narrow site and the need to allow sunlight into living areas without south-facing windows dictated the distinctive form of the houses."

After 30 years they are starting to look like they could do with a bit of a clean up.
Eh! "the need to allow sunlight into living areas". So they made them with windows 4ft by 2ft, slits. What are they talking about!

Back