Reggie the Hamster

Name
Sam
Edit My Images
Yes
Just thought I'd post a couple of pictures of one of my hamsters being introduced to a conker for the first time (they seem to keep away the spiders from our house!).

Not technically great photographs, i'm much more used to/comfortable photographing bikes or cars at 100+mph, yet seem to struggle with a small hamster darting around the room!

IMG_5510(1)
by Sam Edwards, on Flickr

IMG_5498(1)
by Sam Edwards, on Flickr

Thanks for looking.

The flash exposure is perfect
and focus right on… (y)
but the price is harsh light!

Whoa!

After liking the cute photo I've just looked this up on the internet and apparently it's not safe/recommended to feed conkers to hamsters, so don't let it eat it (or give it any more)! http://www.hamstercentral.com/commu...ster-loves-conkers-but-they-safe-her-eat.html

From what I could see, other web results seem to say pretty much the same about conkers. Hope this is useful.

Oh no dont worry we definately dont let him eat them, he just likes to pick them up in his mouth, then he isnt sure what to do with it so he runs around aimlessly :)

That's good news, I thought I'd better mention it as I didn't want him to come to any harm. Running around aimlessly? Not like the @Server Hamster then, who definitely has an important job to do and a purpose in life. :D

You might already have tried this but a safe alternative and one that will keep your hamster occupied for ages is a Brazil nut. When I had hamsters they would gnaw at them for days before getting them open.

Back