South-East England Registering interest for a meet up at Bushey park

Name
Darran, Daz or ****
Edit My Images
Yes
I've not been to Bushey park for years and we've previously had a couple of good meet ups there.
No date yet but I am going to suggest a Sunday as this day works for a couple of friends I'd like to bring with me.
If anyone is interested register you interest here and we'll try and find a date that is suitable for most.

OP
OP
hashcake
Name
Darran, Daz or ****
Edit My Images
Yes
Wow this place use to be quite busy for meets, sees like times have changed.

OP
OP
hashcake
Name
Darran, Daz or ****
Edit My Images
Yes
That's somewhere I've never been, so I'd be interested. :)
Welcome aboard :D
Hopefully there will be more interest although I have two ex members from here (I don't think they've used the forum for quite a few years) plus a couple of friends interested.
I'm determined to get this meet going so well see how it goes the next few weeks then perhaps organise a date for either late April or early May,

Name
Tim
Edit My Images
No
I'm a maybe for this. I haven't done any DSLR photography for a few years now, preferring the weight of my phone camera to a big lens, but maybe I could be persuaded. Pick a date and if it suits I'll pop along. It would be good to say "Hi" if nothing else. :)

OP
OP
hashcake
Name
Darran, Daz or ****
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm a maybe for this. I haven't done any DSLR photography for a few years now, preferring the weight of my phone camera to a big lens, but maybe I could be persuaded. Pick a date and if it suits I'll pop along. It would be good to say "Hi" if nothing else. :)
Bloody hell hiya Tim!
I've seen some of your posts on facebook and and noticed your are now into cycling and lost a lot of weight, fair play to you mate.
If someone had told me without me seeing the photos I would have said it's not the same Tim I knew :D
I'm aiming to set a date in either April or May, I'm just waiting for a couple of people to get back to me.

OP
OP
hashcake
Name
Darran, Daz or ****
Edit My Images
Yes
How are you fixed for Sundays in May or June?

OP
OP
hashcake
Name
Darran, Daz or ****
Edit My Images
Yes
Sunday 9th June seems to work for some.
10am by the snack van for those who can make it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
hashcake
Name
Darran, Daz or ****
Edit My Images
Yes
I'll stick it in the diary, but the 8th is Saturday. Do you mean the 9th?
Oops, sorry, yes I meant the 9th.
That'll teach me not to try multitasking! :D
Terri and Martin will also be joing us.
It's been years since have seen the three of you so it'll be great to catch up.

Last edited:
OP
OP
hashcake
Name
Darran, Daz or ****
Edit My Images
Yes
Just a reminder to anyone interested that we will meet by the snack van in Bushey park @10am next Sunday 9th June.

Name
Tim
Edit My Images
No
I've not been before and I have no idea where the snack van parks. Any clues? I only see the pheasantry and the kiosk marked on the map.

OP
OP
hashcake
Name
Darran, Daz or ****
Edit My Images
Yes
If you go into the park from the entrance with the princess Di statue, you should see the snack place on the right near the car park.
I've just checked and it looks like it's now a purpose built building at the Diana car park.
I thought it was a wagon but I've not been there for over 10 years.

Last edited:
OP
OP
hashcake
Name
Darran, Daz or ****
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm glad everyone enjoyed it, it was great catching up with Terri and Tim after all these years.
It was also nice meeting footman (although he thinks we met at London meet some years ago but buggered if I can remember) and also blakester who has done some very inspiring photography.
I will keep you all in mind if I come up with any ideas for future meets.

Name
Trevor
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm glad you had a good time and that the weather was kind. :)

I was gutted I couldn't make it, but my ferry booking didn't go to waste at least.

I'll be there for the next get together - later this summer maybe?

OP
OP
hashcake
Name
Darran, Daz or ****
Edit My Images
Yes
Thank you for organising today Daz, it was good fun catching up with old friends and making new ones. Here are a few of mine from today
Some lovely photos as usual from you Terri, if I can maintain this hobby for as long you have perhaps I'll get to point when I get more keepers than those than end up in the recycling bin :giggle:

OP
OP
hashcake
Name
Darran, Daz or ****
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm glad you had a good time and that the weather was kind. :)

I was gutted I couldn't make it, but my ferry booking didn't go to waste at least.

I'll be there for the next get together - later this summer maybe?
I'm going to try and organise another meet for late summer (if we get a summer) but if anyone has any ideas then please feel free to throw them into the mix.

OP
OP
hashcake
Name
Darran, Daz or ****
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm going to try and organise another meet for late summer (if we get a summer) but if anyone has any ideas then please feel free to throw them into the mix.
Sky I'd forgotten that you are down for the hawk conservancy meet so I look forward to meeting you.