Remote triggers

Name
Jamesev
Edit My Images
No
Does anyone use remote triggers for sports where you set the camera up in a location prior to the game that you do not have access to for the duration of the game. what are the most reliable triggers?

Been using PocketWizards since I started, have no complaints about them.
So as those are the only ones I have ever used - I can only give my recommendation on them :)
There might be more choice on the market these days.. so other options are available.

I still have couple of the PocketWizard MultiMax triggers and then couple of PocketWizard Plus III

does anyone know the difference between the PocketWizard Plus III and the Pocketwizard Plus x? for doing remote triggering?

I assume the Plus IIIe is better judged purely on the price. I assume it can do more for the additional costs. As well as the Plux X being described as the simplest by PW?

does anyone know the difference between the PocketWizard Plus III and the Pocketwizard Plus x? for doing remote triggering?

I assume the Plus IIIe is better judged purely on the price. I assume it can do more for the additional costs. As well as the Plux X being described as the simplest by PW?

Plus III has greater range, like up to 1000m with latest firmware. It's all on the PW website https://www.pocketwizard.com/products/transmitter_receiver/36/PW-PLUS3/spec/

PWs use a very different radio frequency to most other triggers and while that's been their Achilles Heel for the mainstream (mostly flash applications) it wins on extreme range for basic triggering and also gets through/around obstacles better.

I use Pocketwizard Plus x - they work fine for the length of a football pitch in my experience

I use Pocketwizard Plus x - they work fine for the length of a football pitch in my experience
I just read the X has 500m range, the 3e has been tested and has been known to work at 3 miles. That’s quite remote.

I've had PW III's for several years now and they are great. Most of the company use them. We've had them daisy chained around stadiums some times and they've worked great.

I tend to use mine on the LR setting and they are pretty reliable.

Sorry, yes, Long Range mode. They were good today down at the races, which ended up being the last race meeting here in Ireland.

Not sure what the next couple of months holds. He have been attempting like project feature sessions with Athletes who are still training in isolation, many potential Olympic athletes... but now with the games pushed back not sure there are many more to do.

Guess it's time to finally give in and paint the bedrooms to fill some days...!

Back