repairs /toys and playing around

Name
Jeff
Edit My Images
No
s you might know I got the sigma 150mm o.s back from repair the other day , over the weekend I also spotted a mieke LED MK-FC110 ring flash on e.bay for the princely sum of £6.15 so I had a bid and surprisingly won it .it arrived today and after a initial unsuccessful trial I thought I had wasted my money .I then skipped through some reviews on amazon about them and found one buyer that knew what he was talking about .
its simply a case of putting your camera in manual mode selecting a shutter speed of 1/125th sec and then simply adjusting light intensity . and my initial thoughts were it would simply be a video light ,wrong again it does actually flash and quiet nicely to . another little tool in the armoury if and when needed .I also have my godox l.e.d light panel as either full or fill in lighting .
first play around pic as a sample

macro play by jeff and jan cohen, on Flickr

Last edited:
Looks good. I have often wondered what the LED versions look like compared to the ones with the proper flash tube in. Can you make it stay on while setting up the shot as well, kind of like a modeling light?

Looks good. I have often wondered what the LED versions look like compared to the ones with the proper flash tube in. Can you make it stay on while setting up the shot as well, kind of like a modeling light?
Yes you can it’s done via the control box ,if you wanna pop round and try before you buy I,m only down the road in flint

Brilliant, thanks, I may look into one. Currently going to try with a couple of speed lights and I’m also only doing things inside at the moment.

Back