Rest in peace Oreo- a photo collection

Edit My Images
Yes
On Thursday my cat started to decline quickly. The once perky cat who used to vocally demand bites of chicken and pets suddenly refused to leave our bathroom and refused to eat. My mum and I put a blanket in the bath tub for him to lay on if he wanted and we kept the tap on a trickle so he could drink. We checked on him often and talked to him about our memories with him. Friday was the same and he died on Saturday morning at 11:30. My mum was petting him and she felt his heart stop.

He was two months shy of 13 and a sweet cat. He loved it when I would turn the tap on for him to drink out of and when I would give him chicken.

gqAKh3z.jpg

BgwmICe.jpg

LFrzUDn.jpg

GOEzpsJ.jpg

5IgYn0V.jpg

1HUonkO.jpg

gUBPqHZ.jpg

Looks like you gave him a lovely life , well pampered and loved , RIP Mr Cat

Thank you everyone. I'd also like to share the story about how we got him, because it is a very sweet story.

One day when I was nine years old, my uncle called my mum and said he had a kitten who was rejected by his mum. He wanted to give us the kitten, which we both said yes to. The next day he dropped by and brought Oreo to us. He opened the carrier and a tiny month old kitten walked out. My uncle said "Gotta go now. Enjoy your kitty!" After he left, my mum filled a bottle with some kitten formula that we had, but Oreo didn't take the bottle. We put a little bit of food into a dish, which he started eating right away. Our other cat Cookie came up to Oreo while he was eating and Oreo hissed at him right away.

I had gotten my chickenpox jab that day so the kitten was a welcome distraction and I was thrilled to have him.

Sorry to hear this - lovely photos to remember him by xx

I'm so sorry for your loss, losing a cat is sometimes seen as not as hard as losing a dog, I lost my beloved Oscar a few years ago (aged about 18 we think) and it was one of the most painful days of my life, it hurts (less so now) to this day so I think I can understand how you must be feeling. 13 is a good age for a moggy and you obviously gave him a good life, so please try to remember that.
I would recommend getting another cat and having been given William (who happens to be the same colour) 3 years ago who is also a sweet natured boy it has helped relieve the pain of loss.

I'm so sorry for your loss, losing a cat is sometimes seen as not as hard as losing a dog, I lost my beloved Oscar a few years ago (aged about 18 we think) and it was one of the most painful days of my life, it hurts (less so now) to this day so I think I can understand how you must be feeling. 13 is a good age for a moggy and you obviously gave him a good life, so please try to remember that.
I would recommend getting another cat and having been given William (who happens to be the same colour) 3 years ago who is also a sweet natured boy it has helped relieve the pain of loss.

We still have a 15 year old Maine Coon and we plan on keeping him an only cat. But my mum said once he passes she wants to get two adult cats who have bonded and can't be split up.

Back