Restaurant Shoot

Name
Dan
Edit My Images
No
32121622393_e9d2a9daae_q.jpg

bronte-42.jpg

Ok well I was working for a recruitment agency, who knew the Restaurant owner - and it was a mutually beneficial arrangement between them to shoot at the restaurant. They wanted material they could both use.

The restaurant was full of guests of course, so I just did what I do and aim to be courteous and discrete.

Lighting was tricky, no flash here - so just worked with what I had.

Full set here
http://www.danielcook.com/places/bronte-restaurant-london/

bronte-48.jpg

bronte-25.jpg

A panoramic shot specifically requested by my client, came out quite well considering how I was standing in the entrance way with lots of staff milling around

bronte-85.jpg

bronte-17.jpg

bronte-58.jpg

I wish all the images could have turned out as polished as those that were taken in better light. ISO creep vs Shutter speed..

bronte-37.jpg

Last edited:
They look very good to me, especially with the constraints of no flash. The mono ones don't look as good to me, but that's just personal preference I guess.

All in all nicely done. That second b&w would have looked ace if you slowed the shutter and had someone walking past.....Looks like a difficult situation to shoot in as well.

All in all nicely done. That second b&w would have looked ace if you slowed the shutter and had someone walking past.....Looks like a difficult situation to shoot in as well.

That would have been cool :) oh well, thanks

Very nice set but IMO the black and white and the pano doesn't do anything for me.

These are great. We should have more food orientated photos on here.

It's a shame that in one of them there's a guy on his phone where the rest of the table is having a good conversation. It suddenly makes the location look a bit less classy but the photos as a set a very well done.

In my opinion the B&W work really well so I guess it just shows it is personnel taste. tHe pano / wide shot isn't as successful though but overall I think these are great and I'm sure they will be more than happy with them.

Back