Return to studio

• Thread starter Deleted member 34016
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 34016

I'm a wildlife photographer mostly- the weather is bad, thought I'd give my studio lights a run out so to speak

Here's Elle

NybtDpX.jpg

Thanks for looking

Les :)

Nothing wrong with the portrait Les but the fake backdrop is truly awful. (Sorry!)

I think your doing yourself a disservice here.

Yes once I added it I did think it looked naff :)
Nothing wrong with the portrait Les but the fake backdrop is truly awful. (Sorry!)

I think your doing yourself a disservice here.

Thank you. But I see the issue with the back drop . To be honest I never noticed the pattern on her knee.

I have more images. I'll post some tomorrow morning
I don't mind the backdrop too much, but the pattern on her right knee draws my eye wickedly, had she been kneeling just before you shot? Nice image though, with a well selected colour palate

I’ve an issue with the lighting, it looks like 2 lights at 45deg and it causes irregular shadows.
Always start from the adage that there’s only one sun. That’s your key light.
Next is a fill, and the best place for that to look natural is at the camera position.

the good news is that you now have a reason to have another go

I’ve an issue with the lighting, it looks like 2 lights at 45deg and it causes irregular shadows.
Always start from the adage that there’s only one sun. That’s your key light.
Next is a fill, and the best place for that to look natural is at the camera position.

the good news is that you now have a reason to have another go

Thank you Phil, I did indeed use 2 lights( Lencarta) and soft-boxes- I started with one main light @45 degrees and high and the fill I dialled down to 30%

I shall go back and try again

No Chris- that's the view from my studio overlooking the Somerset Levels mate :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:
You've not had much rain down there lately then Les?

:D

Thank you Phil, I did indeed use 2 lights( Lencarta) and soft-boxes- I started with one main light @45 degrees and high and the fill I dialled down to 30%

I shall go back and try again

It’s a common mistake to place lights at both sides, a full light should be placed at the camera position.

I think there’s some good tutorial material on the Lencarta site about lighting patterns.

we have to remember that the point of the key light is to create shadows. And any subsequent lights are to fill shadows (so that needs to be from the camera position otherwise it creates a new set of shadows) and to create accent lights.

Back