Reykjavik Winter

Name
Craig
Edit My Images
Yes
The northern most capital city in Europe with a dusting of February snow. Shortly after we left they measured the highest snow on record, around 2 feet deep! I had this in mind as a sunset/blue hour location but the light seemed better than what we have at home so even at mid day when this was taken its perfectly usable IMO.

Reykjavik by Craig Hollis, on Flickr

They are both good but that second is brilliantly composed to show just how remote that city is. Love the splashes of colour in the shots against the 'Daz' white snow. It chucked it down last Jan when I went I'd love to go back after seeing these.

They are both good but that second is brilliantly composed to show just how remote that city is. Love the splashes of colour in the shots against the 'Daz' white snow. It chucked it down last Jan when I went I'd love to go back after seeing these.

Thanks Chris, hope you get to visit again and get the conditions you are after. In the right weather Iceland is beautiful. Already considering how I can get back there again...!

I like the 2nd one, it's easy to forget just how massive Esja is from a lot of the angles in the city.

Iceland is always beautiful, no matter the weather :-D It feels like 'home' when I am there but I have no idea why.. need an Icelandic wife lol.

enjoying all your shots Craig :)

I like the 2nd one, it's easy to forget just how massive Esja is from a lot of the angles in the city.

Iceland is always beautiful, no matter the weather :-D It feels like 'home' when I am there but I have no idea why.. need an Icelandic wife lol.

enjoying all your shots Craig :)

What a half Essex Icelandic wife?! I would never be at home though as I'd be out taking pictures all of the time...

Thanks for the comments, I'm sure you know but these were shot from the Perlan. Have you ever been up there? I've made a massive pano of the city too I need to get processed.

Yes, the second is really cool but the first shows the
opened space around the city and not under the do-
mination of the mountain.

Superb renditions Craig! (y)(y)(y)

What a half Essex Icelandic wife?! I would never be at home though as I'd be out taking pictures all of the time...

Thanks for the comments, I'm sure you know but these were shot from the Perlan. Have you ever been up there? I've made a massive pano of the city too I need to get processed.

Actually, I've been quite a few times, but have never actually been up to the Perlan! outrageous.... always trying to cram too much into short trips and it always missed the must do list

I'm not sure I'd be very successful with a "who wants to be my icelandic wife just so i can live here" line - i live in hope, lol.

Great shots. I got back from here on 8th March. the snow was immense (and so much fun on a quad bike) :)

Both fab. REALLY great. I think number two edges it for me, like above it's those colours against the white.

Gaz

Good but reckon the blue hour would have been the one.

I like 2 a lot but feel a bit more space at the top would make it work. You'll sell these for stock no bother

I know, good excuse to go back.

Fair critique, it was an over zealous use of the cropping tool as opposed to dodgy framing in camera.

Both beautiful images, as pretty much everyone else here as said, the second one has a beautiful contrast. It shows just how remote the town really is.

Back