Rhyl Airshow 2015

Name
Phil
Edit My Images
Yes
Popped along to a very busy Rhyl to watch the Airshow. Star of the day being the Avro Vulcan on her final year of displaying.
1 Avro Vulcan
VULCAN by PHIL, on Flickr

2 Avro Vulcan
VULCAN by PHIL, on Flickr

3 Fairey Swordfish
SWORDFISH by PHIL, on Flickr

4 Douglas Dakota
DAKOTA by PHIL, on Flickr

5 Old Buckers

OLD BUCKERS by PHIL, on Flickr

Some very nice and clean captures there. I like number 1 and 3 the best.

Fantastic, looks like you were lucky with the weather, we complete cloud coverage and rain during the displays yesterday at Dunsfold :(

Hi Gavin

I was out at the eastward 'waypoint' not in the show, went there in the afternoon specifically for the Vulcan.......stayed in the developing rain and mist for the Reds. Miserable sky and have yet to examine my efforts on the PC but as they last flight of her I will get the chance to I hope as a record they were worth the effort. Though weather today the bit better I have hedges to trim today that will not wait any longer..........or I would go again now :)

Splendid images - where were you standing? - I was by the New Pavillion Theatre... haven't looked at mine yet.

All very crisp and well exposed...

Whilst the Vulcan is the star of the show, really like what you've done with number 3. The colours seem to match the plane.

These photos are all so nice and clean.
Focus, colours, compositions are all perfect.

Great set of shots - really like the first Vulcan one and wish I'd seen it. I was there on Sunday so got the Red Arrows instead (and some rather grey skies)

A lovely set of shots with that elusive blue sky !

Is the Dakota passenger a friend of yours ?? Seems to be waving at you !

"All very crisp and well exposed..." I'll echo that from Welsh Wizard. Excellent exposure and detail. What did you shoot with?

Cheers

Back