RIAT 17th July 2015

Name
At FL380
Edit My Images
Yes
OK so the weather wasn't great but i was invited along by a friend who had a spare ticket, who was i to refuse :woot:

First ever attempt at airshow photography.

Have to say my favourite display was by this beast....

431A6823 by Gary O'Rourke, on Flickr

Didn't seem natural for it to fly so slow with such a steep pitch attitude (not in the pic obviously)... awesome :banana:

I appreciate they are not a patch on some of the lads/ladies on here who will be hopefully posting up their shots but it was a good learning curve.....

Things I learnt...

1) I need more reach
2) Practice Pan, Pan & Pan......

:D

A good set of captures and as you say, weather not the best some of the time.

Really liking # 3 - the top of the spectators heads shows how low he was :)

A nice set that sticks out by being DIFFERENT to all the other, super-sharp, super-close up, flying shot sets.
Wana buy a 300mm-f2.8???

Lovely variety, I need to go someday. I would probably do someting similar to your choice of shots.

A nice set that sticks out by being DIFFERENT to all the other, super-sharp, super-close up, flying shot sets.
Wana buy a 300mm-f2.8???

I'm looking for one Paul.

Wana buy a 300mm-f2.8???

Thank you, very much appreciated :) 300 2.8. Ooooooh tempting think SWMBO would kill me until the house extension is complete ha ha

Lovely variety, I need to go someday. I would probably do someting similar to your choice of shots.

Thank you, it was a great day, shame about the weather but only delayed the displays for a short time

I'm looking for one Paul.

good shots
what lens where you usig for the shots ??

Mainly 70-200 2.8 IS with 2 x converter. It was good but need more practice with it :)

i have the same lens nikon 70-200 2.8 and the 1.7tc which works pretty good
how do you feel about the quality with the 2tc do you notice a drop in quality ?
there is no difference that i can see with the tc attached

Great set Gary, I'd be well happy with those. I have no idea what any of them are called but love the big guy in 1 & 2 :)

Personally to my untrained eye, I don't see any difference but maybe someone who uses the lens more frequently may do.

The only drop in quality is pasting links from Flickr to here :D as I'm positive the images are sharper on my Mac

Back