RIAT Sunday

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Superb, only "weak" shot is the cutting off the tail of the arrow, other than it is very hard to choose the best one, I like them all.
Matt

Excellent Chris.
I could not go this year, but hopefully back next.

Great shots Chris, really like them all and hard to pick a favorite, looks a great selection.

Can I ask what settings you used for autofocus and IS? I really struggled with the same Fuji Combo you were using at Cosford this year to the extent I couldn't find any I'd want to post up. I'm putting it down to user error as it's fine in other situations, any top tips?

Superb, only "weak" shot is the cutting off the tail of the arrow, other than it is very hard to choose the best one, I like them all.
Matt

Noted, it was the only one with colour which may explain why it escaped the cull, such a grey day!

Great shots Chris, really like them all and hard to pick a favorite, looks a great selection.

Can I ask what settings you used for autofocus and IS? I really struggled with the same Fuji Combo you were using at Cosford this year to the extent I couldn't find any I'd want to post up. I'm putting it down to user error as it's fine in other situations, any top tips?

I put a bit of info here: http://charrisonphoto.net/blog/2017/7/18/riat2017 but essentially just a fast a shutter speed as I could get away with (but 1/200 for props), AF-C, 'Release Priority', and Single Point AF. Nothing else of note.

I tried Zone/Wide AF briefly but it didn't really add anything apart from annoy me and I got a couple of OOF shots, switching to Single Point AF solved all my issues and it was basically a 100% hit rate from then on.

Thanks Chris, appreciate you sharing this and the log looks good.

I think may issues may have come down to playing with various tracking modes / the custom AF-C settings rather than simply keeping to a single point, I'll try that next time. I had my Nikon kit with me as well so the day wasn't a write off and was getting most shots sharp at 1/200 for the prop planes. I suspect more Fuji practice is required, just a shame there aren't more air shows to get to :)

If these were with a Fuji then what could you have got with say a D750 or D500, imo the 2nd shot (Helicopter) is superb but all really nice.

Nice set Chris, and blog.. Looks like you had slightly better weather than I did on Saturday, it was dreadful.. not everything went up which was disappointing

Excellent set, love the helicopter (y)

Back