Richmond

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

I normally spend most of my time capturing seascapes, this weekend I decided to try something different, partially because the tides were really poor but also because I need to broaden my scope.

Anyway got this when visiting Richmond upon Thames:

O N E T W O by Paul * Hooper, on Flickr

Paul, less time on seascapes, more time on urban shooting if your going to take shots like this!

The reflection in the water is great and the B+W conversion works really well for me. The bottom right is perhaps a little too dark but it could just be my monitor.

Very nice though.

Last edited:
Paul, less time on seascapes, more time on urban shooting if your going to take shots liek this!

The reflection in the water is great and the B+W conversion works really well for me. The bottom right is perhaps a little too dark but it could just be my monitor.

Very nice though.

Cheers mate, I agree about the bottom right corner and in fact the blocked shadows all over... but kinda think they help to difine the arches, the light was very low and harsh which made it difficult to get control:)

Cheers for the comment:)

Lovely atmosphere. The contrast is intense. Again, I find the dark areas a little too dark, but it might loose impact if they were lighter though.

Yep, the shadows don't bother me, though it might have been nice to have a little light picking out that foliage in the bottom right.

Lovely shot anyhow. Tone and texture is wonderful.

Back