weekly Rick448 52 Challenge 2020 - Artificial plus technique added.

It's a pleasure... the location of the pump was intentional, but you would need to be in the know...

DSCF2297 by Rick Phillips, on Flickr

Nice rendition frm the Fuji - and my fave Fuji lens :)

Not much on there I'd order!

Nice rendition frm the Fuji - and my fave Fuji lens :)

Not much on there I'd order!
I'm still (and probably always will be) a lager drinker in the pub, But a whisky drinker at home :)

Gonna be awkward here and say I prefer the wide angle image.
The barman looks like a young Ant ...
Never did like that pair :D

Good main focus on the pint of lager, I actually like that the pump has covered his mouth.

Thanks Dave, :)
Gonna be awkward here and say I prefer the wide angle image.
The barman looks like a young Ant ...
Never did like that pair :D

Haha, thanks Cobra, :)

Hi Rick, I don't like the San Miguel mouth, but as it's deliberate who am I to complain. I do like the light and colour especially the bottles in the background.
Thanks Clive. As I partially explained it was shot that way as the Batman never shuts up. He was happy to oblige by posting that way. I know as a stand alone shot it would be better without that but i like it for that reason.

I have to say I prefer the wide shot too, but I get the context with the barman in shot.
I hope you've printed it and got it up on a wall in there somewhere.
A nice looking pub. A bit "fizzy beer" oriented though.

Creative and interesting image Rick!
Your choice of pump label placement is certainly an interesting one.
The barman is posed well and it's super sharp right where it needs to be...some terrific details on the bar!
Great stuff!(y)

I have to say I prefer the wide shot too, but I get the context with the barman in shot.
I hope you've printed it and got it up on a wall in there somewhere.
A nice looking pub. A bit "fizzy beer" oriented though.

Just as well that I like fizzy beer :) We go there every Saturday night for tea, costs me a fortune but at least I get a few beers. Natiya loves it there, she is a bit of a regular now..

Creative and interesting image Rick!
Your choice of pump label placement is certainly an interesting one.
The barman is posed well and it's super sharp right where it needs to be...some terrific details on the bar!
Great stuff!(y)

Thanks Gareth, the 50-140 is a very good lens.

Fits the theme and the little girl is cute

Thanks, she is a cute, though obviously I am biased :)

Nice idea and very different to have the barman to pose that way. Looks like a nice pub.

It is a very nice pub, and they always make us welcome. The food is lovely :)

Great light to the picture, and bringing the pint to the foreground, works with the DOF.

Thanks, that was the plan, it has worked well enough for me. I could have messed about and got less DOF, but I wanted to keep dome detail in the area behind the bar too. :)

Nice get of images for Pleasure Rick my only issue with your chosen image is the barman's face being partially obscured by the pump badge.

That's a "busy" bar. Nicely composed.. which you might not be by the end of an evening there :LOL:

I like the first photo, but i'm not sure about the position of the pump, all though i understand it means something to you.

Love the colours you have in this - but it's a bit too busy for me... Sorry!

Thanks for commenting, no need to apologise :)

Nice get of images for Pleasure Rick my only issue with your chosen image is the barman's face being partially obscured by the pump badge.

Thanks, yes I realise that would be an issue for many.

I prefer the second ,'empty bar' shot, and that's a nice capture of the wee lass.

Thanks, much appreciated.

That's a "busy" bar. Nicely composed.. which you might not be by the end of an evening there :LOL:

Thanks, I'm usually ok for the first 3 hours :)

Really like your 1st 2 images Rick [emoji106]

Many thanks, much appreciated :)

I like the first photo, but i'm not sure about the position of the pump, all though i understand it means something to you.

Thank you for taking the time to comment.
Apart from the barman's mouth being obscured, and I understand you did that for a reason, this is an image that grabs your attention straightaway. Bright details, great use of shallow depth of field and lots of sparkling highlights and warm tones (y)

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to comment :)

Tools - this is where some of my tools live. I didn't bother trying to move this, hence the clutter around it, but in all honesty, that is what my garage is like so why retuned otherwise! :)

Snap On toolbox by Rick Phillips, on Flickr

I really like the processing on this gives it a 70s feel in my mind, I can almost smell the Castrol R.

I really like the processing on this gives it a 70s feel in my mind, I can almost smell the Castrol R.

Thanks, that was the intention, unfortunately it has been some time since I had anything to put Castrol R in! In fact I sold all my bikes last year, so I can probably get rid of most of my tools now as well :)

Looks like an old type of shot Rick, nicely on theme.
Thanks Dave, I used some vintage LUT's when processing the image.

I like the retro feel to this, and I think you're going to cause a lot of tool envy with that cabinet :LOL:

Thank you, I must admit, it was a bit of an extravagance when I bought it. Even more so when it was filled with Snap On gear! They certainly know how to charge. As I don't really do much work on stuff myself now, other than changing pads and discs on my car about every 8K miles!! I can probably sell most of the stuff now. But then again, I like shiny things :D

That's a lot of tools! Nice shot - on theme and the processing really suits. Tidier than most garages I reckon too...
I should really do a wider shot. Or maybe not. Thanks :)

Well, if you want a project, I've an RD250E that hasn't run for, hmmm, 20 years or so ;)
As you say it's a garage, it's supposed to look like that. A nice environmental shot IMO.
If you’re giving it away I’ll have it. ;) I had one of those and the F white heat before I got an LC250.

Blimey that is tidy!
Mine is organised chaos :D
Nicely processed, and bang on theme, Rick.

If you’re giving it away I’ll have it. ;) I had one of those and the F white heat before I got an LC250.
Have you seen how much a tidy 250E goes for these days?
To think I bought it for £250 off a courier and put about 30 thousand on it (50+k on it before it died).
I've got a 15k 350F1 in the garage next to it (and that does run (on sunny days)).

Back