weekly Rick448 52 Challenge 2020 - Artificial plus technique added.

Have you seen how much a tidy 250E goes for these days?
To think I bought it for £250 off a courier and put about 30 thousand on it (50+k on it before it died).
I've got a 15k 350F1 in the garage next to it (and that does run (on sunny days)).
I have yeah :)
Though as with most things the value is only what someone will pay. I prefer the air cooled RD’s to the LC’s any day. My biggest regret was swapping a Katana 1100 for an RGV250.

Yep - box(es) ticked :)

The clutter adds to the whole feel (although if you look at my garage, then you would know the meaning of clutter :)), it's not a Mclaren garage.
I like the pp you've given this.

Yep - box(es) ticked :)

Great tool kit picture with a real 70s/80s feel.

The clutter adds to the whole feel (although if you look at my garage, then you would know the meaning of clutter :)), it's not a Mclaren garage.
I like the pp you've given this.

That's a lot of tools there and a lot tidier garage than mine. I like the processing and the grainy and gritty feel from the 8000 ISO setting suits the image.

Thanks all, much appreciated :)

Great 'vintage' feel to this image Rick.(y)
And as others have said, it's not as untidy as you think!;)
The grain really does add a jolly nice '70s feel to it...and Snap-On...very nice, and indeed expensive!

Everyone who I've heard that has sold Snap-On gear, has usually regretted it later, so I would say don't sell....you just never know when you might need quality tools!
Think of all that polishing of those lovely tools you'd miss out on!!:LOL:

Great 'vintage' feel to this image Rick.(y)
And as others have said, it's not as untidy as you think!;)
The grain really does add a jolly nice '70s feel to it...and Snap-On...very nice, and indeed expensive!

Everyone who I've heard that has sold Snap-On gear, has usually regretted it later, so I would say don't sell....you just never know when you might need quality tools!
Think of all that polishing of those lovely tools you'd miss out on!!:LOL:
Very true Gareth! Thanks for popping by :)

That's way too tidy! As others have said the processing gives it a 70's feel. I like it.

pleasure - great photo, I like the position of that beer label! Great colours and sharpness!

tool - you certainly have your tools very well organised!

Nicely vintaged image Rick. Takes me back to the days many, many years ago when I used to watch motor racing every weekend and loved wandering around the paddock watching the mechanics at work.

pleasure - great photo, I like the position of that beer label! Great colours and sharpness!

tool - you certainly have your tools very well organised!
Liking the vintage look processing.
Nicely vintaged image Rick. Takes me back to the days many, many years ago when I used to watch motor racing every weekend and loved wandering around the paddock watching the mechanics at work.

Thanks a lot for looking :)

As Tim said, it's a good environmental shot. I like the way you have made the big red box the main focus of the image but there are enough 'bits' around the edges to set the scene, and your processing gives it a 'gritty' look that suits the subject and the topic really well (y)

As Tim said, it's a good environmental shot. I like the way you have made the big red box the main focus of the image but there are enough 'bits' around the edges to set the scene, and your processing gives it a 'gritty' look that suits the subject and the topic really well (y)
Thanks Andrea, much appreciated.

A Discarded (Technique) sprayer which was used to de-ice the paved areas at the airport. Unfortunately it is now beyond repair and is sat waiting to be scrapped.

DSCF2523 by Rick Phillips, on Flickr

Last edited:
Good shot for the theme Rick, liking the shadow too.
Thanks Dave, I managed to get the rising sun just behind the sprayer as it was a nightmare to get any sort of decent exposure with it in the frame.

Hi Rick, I have seen all your posts but not replied for some reason. I like the fact your barman was happy to pose for you, it would be a pleasure to have a beer served by a friendly barman.
The tools theme works for me especially as I now know those tools have worked on some decent bikes ;-)
The discarded airport vehicles are bang on theme, I worked at Heathrow and Southampton Airport for many years and we always just left our old vehicles like that lying around until someone came along and wanted them out of sight.

Works on both counts Rick. It doesn't look ready to be scrapped, but I guess that's the impact of taking the shot as a silhouette.

Thanks Tim, we are looking to see if it is economical to repair...

That's a terrific image Rick!:clap:
Superb colours, wonderfully contrasty and a great use of the silhouette technique!
I do like this image a lot, very nicely done indeed!

Thank Gareth, much appreciated, for once I was glad to have a load of scrap gear lying around.

I like the third pic the best. Looks like it's had a proper kicking.

Thanks, we have a lot of old gear which we try to keep running, but this one is now passed its best before date..

Nice take on the theme Rick I like the processing it works well

Thanks, much appreciated. I like to have a play around with different looks.

Works well that. with the blue sky and low angle.

I used that angle to try and hide the super bright sun in the frame, but it does work quite well :)

Hi Rick the first is the best of the 3, nice silhouette too.

Thanks for popping by Clive :)

Hi Rick, I have seen all your posts but not replied for some reason. I like the fact your barman was happy to pose for you, it would be a pleasure to have a beer served by a friendly barman.
The tools theme works for me especially as I now know those tools have worked on some decent bikes ;-)
The discarded airport vehicles are bang on theme, I worked at Heathrow and Southampton Airport for many years and we always just left our old vehicles like that lying around until someone came along and wanted them out of sight.

Thanks Heather, we have many old bits of kit lying around, it does sometimes come in handy for this kind of thing, much less so for snow clearing :D

Discarded - some interesting old machines there, I like the low pov of the first one.

Discarded - some interesting old machines there, I like the low pov of the first one.
Thanks, much appreciated. :)

Discarded plus technique is a great find, fulfils both themes! Nice colours and contrast between light and shadow!

Discarded plus technique is a great find, fulfils both themes! Nice colours and contrast between light and shadow!
Thanks Bernd, much appreciated :)

Back