weekly Rick448 52 Challenge 2020 - Artificial plus technique added.

Nice beheading Rick with a nice bit of colour and the reflections really make it.
Thanks Clive, much appreciated.

Agree with all the other comments about the broken dolls, good use of the theme with the props and as said above the reflections make it even better.

Agree with all the other comments about the broken dolls, good use of the theme with the props and as said above the reflections make it even better.

Like the colours and the reflections on this.

The Ability to transfix a 5 year old! I wish I could have the same effect :)

Content! by Rick Phillips, on Flickr

Last edited:
LOL a great idea, well captured Rick

LOL a great idea, well captured Rick
Thanks, it was out of desperation to be honest, I have been so busy for the last few weeks I have been struggling to get outside. Hopefully I can get something for winter this week :)

Broken - I agree the colours are good and the reflection adds to the overall look
Abilty - all those dolls but she is glue to a screen, good take on the theme

Broken - I agree the colours are good and the reflection adds to the overall look
Abilty - all those dolls but she is glue to a screen, good take on the theme
Thanks for popping by :)

Ability - great take on the theme very nicely captured

Winter - I nice that nicely composed and captured.

Very natural shot for ability.
Prefer the hint of sun in #2.

Hi Rick

Ability - Nice Image of your daughter. good use of DOF to isolate the face.
Winter - I prefer #2 as well, the sunset is a nice addition.

Pete

Winter.
Yep just the right amount of snow. Pretty to look at but not cause disruption.

Winter - Second one my favourite - nice photoshop snow or tis amazing how the snow was falling in such an identical pattern! ;)

Winter - Second one my favourite - nice photoshop snow or tis amazing how the snow was falling in such an identical pattern! ;)
ON1 photo effect filter :D

Ability is a lovely photograph. Second one in Wintry is a stunning photo.
Many thanks, I had to try and grab something as I won't have time this week.

I like the winter shots - but can't unsee the identical snow patterns now [emoji16] Definitely the perfect amount of snow - absolutely no chance of disruption!

broken - well lit, I like the reflections and the colours. And of course the general creepiness of the photo!

ability - lovely portrait, like the colours

winter - a bit of photoshoppery is never wrong :)

3 good shots there for winter I think the 2nd is my favourite with the bare tree and the pinkness to the sky

A great series for winter. I like the viewpoint for the third best but there's just a bit too much snow, so I'll go for the second as my favourite.

Great shot with Ability with the take on the theme, good DOF and her look of transfixed
I like the winter shots - but can't unsee the identical snow patterns now [emoji16] Definitely the perfect amount of snow - absolutely no chance of disruption!
lol, very clever.
I think #2 for me too, seems more believable.
broken - well lit, I like the reflections and the colours. And of course the general creepiness of the photo!

ability - lovely portrait, like the colours

winter - a bit of photoshoppery is never wrong :)
3 good shots there for winter I think the 2nd is my favourite with the bare tree and the pinkness to the sky
A great series for winter. I like the viewpoint for the third best but there's just a bit too much snow, so I'll go for the second as my favourite.
Thanks all, much appreciated :)

The second winter shot is my favourite, not using the "snow" templates given away in Practical Photography are you?

The second winter shot is my favourite, not using the "snow" templates given away in Practical Photography are you?
No, these are flyers within ON1 Photo Raw.

Hi Rick,
Love your shot for Snapper's Choice. The square crop really is a great shot.
Wild - I prefer the second image. It portrays wild otter IMHO.
Broken works well. Very nice reflection. I hope you have put them back together now ;)
Ability is a beautiful candid moment - well seen and well taken (y)
Winter is cleverly done but doesn't work for me sadly.

Hi Rick,
Love your shot for Snapper's Choice. The square crop really is a great shot.
Wild - I prefer the second image. It portrays wild otter IMHO.
Broken works well. Very nice reflection. I hope you have put them back together now ;)
Ability is a beautiful candid moment - well seen and well taken (y)
Winter is cleverly done but doesn't work for me sadly.
Thanks Lee, much appreciated.

Depict a book, apologies, a little late this week as I have been extremely busy at work spring out the C word.

Who moved my cheese?

Who moved my cheese?? by Rick Phillips, on Flickr

Back