weekly Rick448 52 Challenge 2020 - Artificial plus technique added.

Music - A little dangerous isn't it? They look like they may be noise cancelling.
Colourful - This is my favourite of the two shots, because of the colour (oddly enough). Though looking at the settings you were looking to get a deep DoF (f/13). Did you consider focus stacking? IT does work pretty well with the X-T3.

Nice couple of pics Rick. The close-up for music is really effective and the colour one is a a lovely pic of the crayons.

That`s the reason why I got the X-E3 instead of the Xpro3.
It was going to see it in London as a little boy, then going to The Valley of the Kings and KV62 got me to fall in love with anything Egyptian.
Nice take on Music and Colourful I like the refections in both
Colour ticks the boxes! :)
Colour ful for me too.
Lovely shots - impressively little noise for the iso on the pencils! I really like the reflections in both of those.
Nice close-up on the ears Rick, and liking the classic Colour image too.
Music - A little dangerous isn't it? They look like they may be noise cancelling.
Colourful - This is my favourite of the two shots, because of the colour (oddly enough). Though looking at the settings you were looking to get a deep DoF (f/13). Did you consider focus stacking? IT does work pretty well with the X-T3.
Nice couple of pics Rick. The close-up for music is really effective and the colour one is a a lovely pic of the crayons.

Thanks all, much appreciated :)

Nice shot Rick, think these sort always go well in mono.
Thanks Dave, I agree the mono on these type of shots feels appropriate.

Nicely converted "Old" Rick, it works very well.

Hi Rick,
I saw this shot originally in the Fuji thread. I think I actually prefer the shot with the multiple graves, where the ground has moved.
They are both quite bright, but this one feels overly so - personally I would have dialed down the exposure to give it a more moody look (but YMMV obviously).

Hi Rick,
I saw this shot originally in the Fuji thread. I think I actually prefer the shot with the multiple graves, where the ground has moved.
They are both quite bright, but this one feels overly so - personally I would have dialed down the exposure to give it a more moody look (but YMMV obviously).
Thanks for the feedback Tim, much appreciated. Personally I prefer the brighter look, but agree it is a personal choice.

Reactions: LC2
Music
It looks like a futuristic, robotic snail. Good reflection too.

Colourful
Nice arrangement of pencils.

Old
Good shot for the theme.

Music
It looks like a futuristic, robotic snail. Good reflection too.

Colourful
Nice arrangement of pencils.

Old
Good shot for the theme.
Thanks. Much appreciated.

Have to say I thought about taking a wander through our churchyard for this one too but ran out of time.
Impressive tomb and nicely composed. I too would have taken the exposure down a little but that's usually my preference. Works really well.

Have to say I thought about taking a wander through our churchyard for this one too but ran out of time.
Impressive tomb and nicely composed. I too would have taken the exposure down a little but that's usually my preference. Works really well.

Thanks, I tend to prefer 'brighter' shots, even when it is a sombre subject. I may try some more moody shots next time, or even revising this one and seeing how it looks.
Good image for something old. It works so well in mono too.

Many thanks, I like the mono look of these type of subjects, in colour it is a little boring as there aren't many colours in the frame.

A lovely pic and works well in black & white.

Thanks, much appreciated. :)

I love your more than one shot. I also keep meaning to try this. You have a great subject and background for it here. Well executed.

Colourful - very nice. I like the reflections.

Something old - having seen the darkened version, I do think it suits the scene better than the lighter one and B&W works nicely.

I love your more than one shot. I also keep meaning to try this. You have a great subject and background for it here. Well executed.

Colourful - very nice. I like the reflections.

Something old - having seen the darkened version, I do think it suits the scene better than the lighter one and B&W works nicely.
Thanks, I'll certainly try more of the multiple shot images. Trying to get Natiya to pose is a bit hit and miss now though.

Cool shot for liquid Rick, good colours all go together great.
Thanks Dave, I wanted to catch a shot with Natiya playing, but when I got home she was drying off, and I was already larte for this week!

The old pictures are very atmospheric, I do like the darkened reprocessed versions.
Colourful is on theme, I guess that is getting some use today, the countryside behind looks nice.

Lovely lights and colours. The crop is possibly a little tight, but still like it all the same.

Thanks, yeah I should really have got the 23 or 35 out, but was rushing about to get something shot.

The old pictures are very atmospheric, I do like the darkened reprocessed versions.
Colourful is on theme, I guess that is getting some use today, the countryside behind looks nice.

Thanks for commenting, if she goes in there today I'll try and get a shot of her playing :)

It's pretty colourful and bright. It's a shame that there's no little person playing in the water, but I'm sure you could have got a selfie in the pool ;)

It's pretty colourful and bright. It's a shame that there's no little person playing in the water, but I'm sure you could have got a selfie in the pool ;)
Hahaha, thanks for dropping by :)

Great vibrant colours Rick.
It works very well for the theme

Nicely dof'ed Rock :)

I like that.... a BIT :)

A very useful item that Rick.
And as others have said, nice use of DoF too.

Back