weekly Rick448 52 Challenge 2020 - Artificial plus technique added.

Hi Rick,

Both are nice shots for Fence. I think the mono one wins out for me for the the difference in grain in the wood. Nice use of Mono.

B&W for me. Good take. Almost a social commentary when we're eventually told that we can't leave our homes at all..

Mono processing in the first shot makes it for me.

Book - Nicely composed and set up image.

Transport - Lovely image of the beautiful model truck I prefer to Colour version

Fence - B&W for me on this one.

Nice contrasty B&W conversion, I prefer that to the colour version!

Flora - quick shot as I am working double shifts at the moment and not having time to do things as I would wish...

Flora for TP52 by Rick Phillips, on Flickr

For a quick shot you did rather well. Great colours and lovely light!

Very nice Rick.

I like the composition here, and the colours are great too. Nice job

Despite not having a lot of time, you've done a really good job there :)
Nicely composed, nice mix of colours and great for technique too.
Beautiful plant and nicely framed.
Lovely... especially for a "quick shot".
For the 'quick shot' that's very nicely done. great colours.
For a quick shot you did rather well. Great colours and lovely light!
Very nice Rick.
I like the composition here, and the colours are great too. Nice job
Nice composition, lovely colours - what's not to like especially for a grab shot!

Thanks everyone, hopefully I will find some time on Monday to take a look at other's efforts. :)

Time - again, a quick grab in between sorting stuff out today, I was hoping to get a chance to get my studio lights out and do this properly, but alas no. I will try and do some better shots another time.

Time - For TP52 by Rick Phillips, on Flickr

I like the wooden substrate and the use of DoF, really works well (nice classic watch too ;) )

Nice use of DoF
I like the wooden substrate and the use of DoF, really works well (nice classic watch too ;) )

Thanks both, it doesn't get anywhere near the use it should nowadays, It shares its time with the PAM312, but for 95% of the time I wear my Garmin Fenix 5.

Nice watch and the right amount of depth-of-field.
Thanks, I must say the 16mm is great for these type of shots. :)

I quite like the angle of the 1st option Mark

Nice composition and use of DoF I'd be happy with that for a quick set up.

Once I get time I am really goping to try something more planned, i'll start by making sure the watch is fully clean and dust free! :)
I quite like the angle of the 1st option Mark

I like that angle too, just a shame I wasn't able to control the shadows / reflections better, but this would have meant a lot of faffing about.
Think you picked the right one - and another very happy Fenix wearer - huge upgrade from the 2 I was wearing until about 18 months ago!
Fenix 5 is my first Garmin, I was using a Fitbit prior to this, it is hugely better in pretty much every way. :)

The wood works well in contrast to the metal. Looks like a good shot to me - quick or not.

That's a very nice setup you've got there, plenty of structure in the wood against the metal of the watch works very well! My favourite PoV is #2.

Thanks for the comments, apologies that I haven't got a lot of time at the moment to comment myself. I will be back to this once things settle down a bit.

Here is my snappers choice and high key...

I am trying to send a bit of time in here while I am stuck here for 12 -14 hours a day.

DSCF3034 by Rick Phillips, on Flickr

Wow, that's a well equipped home gym! I like the composition and the processing! That's very much high key!

Wow, that's a well equipped home gym! I like the composition and the processing! That's very much high key!
It’s actually at work. My home gym is much less well appointed.

Very nice Rick, a very nice Gym, and very nicely processed.

Back