weekly Rick448 52 Challenge 2020 - Artificial plus technique added.

Graceful - on theme, I like the use of the wellies for the technique too.

Personal, that's really well taken very clear and detailed. (y)

Graceful. Loving the wellies :LOL: It fits right in, on both counts (y)

Fabe take for graceful lol.

Nice shot, the exposure and dynamic range is very good and balanced - almost looks like you used a very subtle amount of flash to light her (I can see you didn't).

Personal. What a great memento which no doubt brings back many memories of your career there.
Graceful: Nicely done Rick and a great expression too. Wellies are terrific.

Last edited:
Nice shot, the exposure and dynamic range is very good and balanced - almost looks like you used a very subtle amount of flash to light her (I can see you didn't).
Great idea Rick, the leotard / tutu / wellies look could be the next big thing in fashion! What makes this is her smile.
Personal. What a great memento which no doubt brings back many memories of your career there.
Graceful: Nicely done Rick and a great expression too. Wellies are terrific.
Absolutely love the graceful shot - worth the bribe!
Great idea to use the wellies, works well.

Thanks all, much appreciated. :)

Static - trainer, I finally got this delivered, I have been on the waiting list since April! I haver a rower at work in my office, and now this in my 'man cave' which needs a good sorting out...

Static bike by Rick Phillips, on Flickr

Good idea for static, especially as it won't move when you use it! Works well in black and white.
To hot today though.

Thanks, I only did 15K on it today, there is a super big fan out of shot which helps keep things a little cool..
Static
A good contrasty black and white.

Hey Rick,

Personal - That's a nice thing to have. I ended up with Amazon vouchers after just shy of 35 years at my job...
From a purely technical perspective, it would be nice to have the background all one colour (grey background paper maybe).
Graceful - A ballet star in the making :) She's going to cost you a fair few bob in lessons! Nicely shot framing her completely within the bush/tree in the background.
Static - Good to see some lockdown exercise being done. It doesn't really jump out at me, I wonder if focusing on a small part of it would give it a bit more impact?

Nice and gritty for static - but a bit cluttered for my taste. I had no idea Concept2 did bikes - I've only ever seen their large variety of ergs, all of which are evil!

Looks like a nice piece of kit and mono works well for the pic.

Thanks, it is a great piece of kit, not cheap, but will outlast me i bet :)
Hey Rick,

Personal - That's a nice thing to have. I ended up with Amazon vouchers after just shy of 35 years at my job...
From a purely technical perspective, it would be nice to have the background all one colour (grey background paper maybe).
Graceful - A ballet star in the making :) She's going to cost you a fair few bob in lessons! Nicely shot framing her completely within the bush/tree in the background.
Static - Good to see some lockdown exercise being done. It doesn't really jump out at me, I wonder if focusing on a small part of it would give it a bit more impact?

Thanks for the comments, I've been really pushed with trying to get shots done, so am not able to take as much time as I normally would. The static shot was a bit of a last resort, and I agree it isn't a great shot. :)
Nice and gritty for static - but a bit cluttered for my taste. I had no idea Concept2 did bikes - I've only ever seen their large variety of ergs, all of which are evil!

Thanks, cluttered isn't the word my wife uses! Yes you are quite right, I finally have a few days off at the end of the month and will be sorting my man cave out. I have loads of stuff all over the place which needs sorting out.

The C2 bikeerg is their latest torture piece. I find it to be equally as hard as the rower, the 2 machines provide a pretty good workout when combined together over a week. I am now aiming for the 5 million metres badge having just completed 1 million on the rower.

Nice idea for static Rick.
A bit of a juxtaposition there also ;)

Pattern, had to grab a shot, so the fence had to do. Loving the XP1 and 355 1.4 for these type of shots. :)

Fence pattern by Rick Phillips, on Flickr

Patterns
That is a good looking fence panel. Really like the processing.

Nice pattern, nice processing Rick

Hi Rick

Great bit of fencing and the pattern shows up well, plenty of texture in the wood.

Pete

Love military planes! It's lovely and sharp but there's something about the processing which seems different from what I would expect. I'm not sure if it's the colour balance and/or if the shadows have been lifted a fair amount, I can't quite put my finger on it? You're now gonna tell me this is straight out of camera! haha

Patterns - texture and symmetry works well
Camouflage - nice shot - has a bit of a vintage colour film look to it.

Camouflage
Good and sharp. It is maybe lacking in a bit of contrast, it does look as though you were shooting into the sun, so maybe that's why. Not being a plane person myself, is it landing or taking off?

Back