weekly Rick448 52'ers challenge thread. Outake added.

I think your daughter will be tidying up her full room of toys.
She will, well that is always the plan, but somehow mummy and daddy end up doing it :D

Wonderful, bright and fun image Rick!(y)
Thinking back to my days as a kid, Natiyas room isn't too bad!
Mine was a minefield of Lego, and Action Man bits!!:LOL:
Haha. There’s Lego in one of the boxes somewhere, I try to keep out of there if I can!

Jeez, that's a lot of toys :)

I really like this. The whole image is filled with fun and colour

Jeez, that's a lot of toys :)

I really like this. The whole image is filled with fun and colour
Thanks Ian, she’s very spoilt I’m afraid.

Full
Blimey that's bright and colourful, I think you could have gone with 'full colour spectrum'.
I agree with you, looking cluttered adds to the full look.

Full
Blimey that's bright and colourful, I think you could have gone with 'full colour spectrum'.
I agree with you, looking cluttered adds to the full look.
Thanks, she certainly likes her bright colours!

Drink added, more options to follow... but I've had a drink or two.

DSCF2612 by rick phillips, on Flickr

1st one for me, nice colour, i like the composition and the brick wall makes a great bg.

Thanks very much :)
Great set of images Rick.(y)
I like #1 also, and #4 is jolly decent too.
Great colours and nice framing on all however....in fact I really like #6 too!

Thanks Gareth, much appreciated. :)

Hi Rich,

Fragile - It certainly is as your other photos show. You have a lovely view from your back garden.
Squashed - Great focus on the toy and a nice shallow DoF.
Time - Perfect fit for the theme. The composition is nicely framed by the tree. I think I prefer the mono version.
Full - Great shot that tells the story of a full day's play and probably a full day of tidying up too!
Drink - Lots of great shots there but I am going to go with your first shot. Very nice composition and colours.

Hi Rich,

Fragile - It certainly is as your other photos show. You have a lovely view from your back garden.
Squashed - Great focus on the toy and a nice shallow DoF.
Time - Perfect fit for the theme. The composition is nicely framed by the tree. I think I prefer the mono version.
Full - Great shot that tells the story of a full day's play and probably a full day of tidying up too!
Drink - Lots of great shots there but I am going to go with your first shot. Very nice composition and colours.
Hi Lee,

Thanks for taking time to comment, much appreciated :)

Hi Rick

Drink, I think the first one is best, nice simple Image, nice colours and sharp.
There is noise in most of the others and gin one is on a slope, did you empty the bottle:D

Pete

Great pair of images there Rick!(y)

Dirty: Nice use of the technique, and it's a well thought out and composed image. I like the subtle reflections, though I would have cloned out that stray one at the top of the frame.
Interesting set of props however....they are props right?!;)
Wide: Fab wide angle image, with terrific punchy colours and a real summery, bright feel to it....nice!

Great pair of images there Rick!(y)

Dirty: Nice use of the technique, and it's a well thought out and composed image. I like the subtle reflections, though I would have cloned out that stray one at the top of the frame.
Interesting set of props however....they are props right?!;)
Wide: Fab wide angle image, with terrific punchy colours and a real summery, bright feel to it....nice!

Thanks Gareth, I hadn't noticed the top reflection as I thought it was on my screen. Never mind...

Loving the 10-24 lens, I'm happy to tick it with me :)

I prefer the mono version, although the colours on the wriggly tin on the shed walls are really nice and interesting. A nice atmospheric shot and captures the theme very well.

Both are great Rick....good find, and a nice fit for the theme.
I prefer the colour version personally, not sure why, I think I like the colour contrasts - those rust colours look really nice against that moody sky....nicely processed.
That strange shape in the sky isn't too distracting however, but I wonder what it is?
Great shot nevertheless!(y)

I prefer the mono version, although the colours on the wriggly tin on the shed walls are really nice and interesting. A nice atmospheric shot and captures the theme very well.

Thanks, it was the colours on the shed which caught my eye, but I thought the mono conversion looked good too.

Mono version for me too, agree it is closed and looks like a ruins too.

Looking around it seems they actually still use the building, though there wasn't anyone there yesterday.

Both are great Rick....good find, and a nice fit for the theme.
I prefer the colour version personally, not sure why, I think I like the colour contrasts - those rust colours look really nice against that moody sky....nicely processed.
That strange shape in the sky isn't too distracting however, but I wonder what it is?
Great shot nevertheless!(y)

Thanks Gareth, I will be looking to do some more of these type of shots.

Nice shot, very well composed, it suits the b&w best for me.

Thanks, much appreciated. :)

Deepest condolences if that's your Dad Riack! Nice use of the theme.

Deepest condolences if that's your Dad Riack! Nice use of the theme.

Hi Dave, yes it was my Dad, thanks. It was a blessing in the end, and he was ready to go.

Some very good recent images.
I like the set for drink, perhaps the mono/color pop works best for me.
Both images for closed work well. I imagine the tilt was intentional.
Free - well, condolences first of all. And a nice tribute to include this shot in your 52.

Some very good recent images.
I like the set for drink, perhaps the mono/color pop works best for me.
Both images for closed work well. I imagine the tilt was intentional.
Free - well, condolences first of all. And a nice tribute to include this shot in your 52.
Thanks Bob. Much appreciated :)

As has been said, Condolences to you and the family Rick. A very fitting tribute to your Dad and to share too in your 52.
Thanks Dave :)

How very brave of you Rick to post this in the forum. Like all the others my deepest condolences to you and your family. Totally understand the freedom this represents.

Back