Weekly Rick448 52'ers challenge thread. Near added.

Name
Andrea
Edit My Images
Yes
That's a great idea, Rick - it's always nice to see a different take on a theme. The textures in the wood are great - sharp and colourful - but I struggled to see the ring at first. I wish the stone stood out a bit more; maybe a crop, or even a small light source directly on the stone might make it sparkle and stand out a bit more? But that's not to take away from a really good idea (y)

OP
OP
rick448
Name
Rick
Edit My Images
No
That's a great idea, Rick - it's always nice to see a different take on a theme. The textures in the wood are great - sharp and colourful - but I struggled to see the ring at first. I wish the stone stood out a bit more; maybe a crop, or even a small light source directly on the stone might make it sparkle and stand out a bit more? But that's not to take away from a really good idea (y)
Thanks Andrea, I would have liked to have lit it, but I was struggling for time so I'm afraid that effort had to do. I may redo the shot out of interest to me when I get time. :)

OP
OP
rick448
Name
Rick
Edit My Images
No
Very creative interpretation of the theme Rick.
I really like the textures, and the placement of the ring is good.
Use of DoF is spot on too and the colours are great.
Nicely done Rick!(y)
Thanks Gareth, much appreciated :)

Creative idea and a well executed image. Very nice
Thanks for the comments Carl, much appreciated :)

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Clever take on rough - I like it :)

Edit My Images
Yes
rough - nice story telling and good use of textures. if it weren't for the lines of the wood, the ring could easily get lost in the frame.

Name
Lee
Edit My Images
No
Hi Rick,

Thanks for posting the colour version of 'Waiting'. That is some machine!

Really good shot for Rough. Very creative idea and hats off for getting it that sharp for a hand held shot at that shutter speed :clap:

Name
Tim
Edit My Images
Yes
Rough - Nice interpretation of the theme. It is hard to spot the diamond ring though.
Did you consider using a focused light on the ring to add some shine / differentiation between the ring and the wood?

Object - I like the background better in #2, but the reflection and slightly tighter crop better in #1.
One balance, of the two, #1.

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Yep - No2 without the OOF corner for me! Nicely done!

Edit My Images
Yes
Prefer the second but both are lovely images. So the desire is to own one, ride in one or be the new Lewis Hamilton?