weekly Rick448 52'ers challenge thread. Outake added.

That's a great idea, Rick - it's always nice to see a different take on a theme. The textures in the wood are great - sharp and colourful - but I struggled to see the ring at first. I wish the stone stood out a bit more; maybe a crop, or even a small light source directly on the stone might make it sparkle and stand out a bit more? But that's not to take away from a really good idea (y)

That's a great idea, Rick - it's always nice to see a different take on a theme. The textures in the wood are great - sharp and colourful - but I struggled to see the ring at first. I wish the stone stood out a bit more; maybe a crop, or even a small light source directly on the stone might make it sparkle and stand out a bit more? But that's not to take away from a really good idea (y)
Thanks Andrea, I would have liked to have lit it, but I was struggling for time so I'm afraid that effort had to do. I may redo the shot out of interest to me when I get time. :)

Very creative interpretation of the theme Rick.
I really like the textures, and the placement of the ring is good.
Use of DoF is spot on too and the colours are great.
Nicely done Rick!(y)

Thanks Gareth, much appreciated :)

Creative idea and a well executed image. Very nice

Thanks for the comments Carl, much appreciated :)

Clever take on rough - I like it :)

Hi Rick,

Thanks for posting the colour version of 'Waiting'. That is some machine!

Really good shot for Rough. Very creative idea and hats off for getting it that sharp for a hand held shot at that shutter speed :clap:

Object of desire

I decided to leave the background as is rather than mess about with it, this was a quick shot as I have been really busy and am away with work until Wednesday night after today, so needed to get something in..

DSCF1982 by rick phillips, on Flickr

Either one for the theme Rick, but my choice is the 2nd shot as imo it`s a cracking image, great reflections to keep it grounded and the colours are bang on too.
Thanks dave :)

Rough - Nice interpretation of the theme. It is hard to spot the diamond ring though.
Did you consider using a focused light on the ring to add some shine / differentiation between the ring and the wood?

Object - I like the background better in #2, but the reflection and slightly tighter crop better in #1.
One balance, of the two, #1.

Yep - No2 without the OOF corner for me! Nicely done!

I really like the reflections in #1 but the car being central in #2. Over all I think #1 wins for me. Nice images!

That's not struggling at all. Very clever take on the theme. Nice detail and dof

Prefer the second but both are lovely images. So the desire is to own one, ride in one or be the new Lewis Hamilton?

Week 8 Object. Prefer image 2 as a bit cleaner . Great car that one, one of my favourites

Prefer the second but both are lovely images. So the desire is to own one, ride in one or be the new Lewis Hamilton?

All 3 of those, the problem being I'm far too poor for the first 2 and too old for the last!

Whilst the second has a cleaner BG, I prefer the colour and reflection of the first image so overall, it's the first image for me. Very nice.

Whilst the second has a cleaner BG, I prefer the colour and reflection of the first image so overall, it's the first image for me. Very nice.
Thanks Lee :)

Last minute shot to fit something in, been flat out for the last few weeks I'm afraid.

DSCF1991 by rick phillips, on Flickr

Very good night image Rick.
I do like those reflections in the wet road surface.
Those street lamps work well to draw the eye into the image, and those light trails at the end are a nice touch.
And it's SOOC too....well done!
Nicely done Rick....hope you feel better soon.(y)

Nice reflections of the street lights Rick, and it definitely looks wet so perfect for the theme. Nice job getting a SooC image too

Nice reflections of the street lights Rick, and it definitely looks wet so perfect for the theme. Nice job getting a SooC image too
Thanks Carl, it was a bit of a rushed job to get it in, but I think it sort of works :)

Thanks Carl, it was a bit of a rushed job to get it in, but I think it sort of works :)

It's amazing how fast the week goes by isn't it. On Thursday you think "oh thank God I've got a whole week to get something now", and then before you know it it's Wednesday night again :LOL:

Good thinking for a night time shot for wet. The reflections really work well to portray the theme. Good for SooC considering the lack of light.

Good thinking for a night time shot for wet. The reflections really work well to portray the theme. Good for SooC considering the lack of light.

Thanks for the comments :)

Its definitely #1 for me for Object ....I think it has more impact and I don't think the background detracts from that at all.
You've killed two birds with one stone with Wet so well done for getting your SOOC image in so quickly, on theme and nice reflections from those streetlights too.

Back