weekly Rick448 52'ers challenge thread. Outake added.

Ribena - is tight to the frame and bang in the middle. It shouldnt work. It works!

Ribena - is tight to the frame and bang in the middle. It shouldnt work. It works!
Thanks :) I am aiming for something better this week for sure...

Hi Rick,

Empty - Simple but effective. Agree with the comments about being tight and central yet still working. Maybe due to the vibrancy of the purple?
Plastic - I have to agree with all the comments on the processing, it's fun/good and gives it a slightly unreal feel.

Hi Rick,

Empty - Simple but effective. Agree with the comments about being tight and central yet still working. Maybe due to the vibrancy of the purple?
Plastic - I have to agree with all the comments on the processing, it's fun/good and gives it a slightly unreal feel.
Thanks Tim,

Much appreciated.

Top notch image Rick!
I really like the use of natural framing, and the red berries are nice and punchy!
(y)
Thanks Gareth, that was the plan :)

A very different take on the theme, concentrating on nature with the buildings being almost incidental, but works :)
Thanks Tim, I wanted something a little different to just taking a picture of a random building.

As has been said a different take on the subject and all the better for it, nice vivid colours too

Different indeed and it works well for the theme.
As has been said a different take on the subject and all the better for it, nice vivid colours too

Thanks very much both, I just had a quick wander around after dropping my little one off at dancing, and this caught my eye.

Buidlings - now that's a bit different - and I like it. Love the natural frame that draws you right in there!

Buidlings - now that's a bit different - and I like it. Love the natural frame that draws you right in there!
Works well for me Rick, I too like the inclusion of the greenery and red berries. Nice composition!
Agree with whats been said, different but it works very well for the theme.
Very nice Rick, great point of view from the fields/hedgerow with the buildings standing out well in the bg, nice colours and sky.
Thanks all, much appreciated :)

Soft toys...

I was planning something different, but time go the better of me I'm afraid.

DSCF2988 by rick phillips, on Flickr

Soft
Very colourful.
Every week, Thursday's seem to come around quicker and quicker.

Soft
Very colourful.
Every week, Thursday's seem to come around quicker and quicker.
Thanks, they sure do, I've been very busy with work, as well as my little one starting school. Hopefully I can find time for something better next week!

Ticks the boxes that one :)

Some great stuff since my last visit. I really like the LIFE is fun shot. Perfect capture!!
Many thanks for the comment :)

Soft - great minds think alike ;) . Very colourful and bright, and right on theme. (y)

Soft - great minds think alike ;) . Very colourful and bright, and right on theme. (y)

Great shot Rick, full of fun and colour!(y)
It looks like a very happy room.
Some really nice detail in the soft toys....is that a 'My Little Pony' front and centre?
(Please don't judge me for knowing that!):LOL:

It certainly is a 'My little Pony" I'm sure Natiya would be devastated I can't remember the name, I prefer the Grinch myself :)

Old - This is our old slurry bowser which had a slight imploding issue!

DSCF3016 by rick phillips, on Flickr

Nice old thingie. That dent would hammer out :D

Nice old thingie. That dent would hammer out :D

:D it made me laugh when they came to report it to me, 'there's a bit of an issue with the bowser" really... o_O

Great shot Rick!
Super textures and colours!
I'm assuming that an 'implosion' of slurry is better than an 'explosion'?:LOL:
Thanks Gareth,

I think we can agree on that, any time of 'plosion with the stuff we have in there is to be avoided! :D

A great OLD picture, nothing like agricultural equipment! How did it implode like that? Or did something fall on it?

A great OLD picture, nothing like agricultural equipment! How did it implode like that? Or did something fall on it?
These type of bowsers work by creating a vacuum and relying on that to create flow by gravity. Unfortunately ours had seen better days and had rotted inside, mainly because it was used to transport water which is contaminated with foam and fuel, the foam is extremely good at corroding metal, so after 10 years or so, this happened. We use an alternative method now :)

Old
It's a little bright for me. On the positive side, it's old, with good textures and colours.

Flowers - on my little girls shoes, I thought I'd do something a little different.

DSCF1376 by rick phillips, on Flickr

Back