weekly Rick448 52'ers challenge thread. Outake added.

Well done for getting something different, you have a very unusual style of processing which I think works on this it’s very high key.
trying to pass the shoes off as your daughters though ;)

Well done for getting something different, you have a very unusual style of processing which I think works on this it’s very high key.
trying to pass the shoes off as your daughters though ;)
Thanks. I’m trying a few different things out at the moment. I’m having a play with filters and LUT’s in ON1 Raw. I’m still not settled on a ‘style’ as such, but am enjoying experimenting. I realise the processing won’t be to everyone’s taste. But I’m fine with that.

I’d struggle to get my size 11’s in those :)

Hi Rick,
Old - Oopf, that looks like it has seen better days. How did that happen? Looks like some kind of vacuum formed?
Great colour and an interesting shot :)
Flowers - Yes, nice to see something other than flowers themselves. Mono works for this.

Hi Rick,
Old - Oopf, that looks like it has seen better days. How did that happen? Looks like some kind of vacuum formed?
Great colour and an interesting shot :)
Flowers - Yes, nice to see something other than flowers themselves. Mono works for this.

Thanks Tim,

It was indeed a vacuum which caused the issue, though it works by vacuum, but the tank must have become weakened by corrosion.

Rick

Old, looks a bit overexposed.
Flowers, nice different image, I like the high key tones in the B&W Image.

Pete

Rick

Old, looks a bit overexposed.
Flowers, nice different image, I like the high key tones in the B&W Image.

Pete
Thanks, I purposely processed the Old image like that, though I appreciate it won't be to everyones taste. :)

Very nice image for 'flower' Rick, and very inventive!(y)
The simple composition works well, and it's nicely processed for B&W too.
Thanks Gareth, much appreciated :)

Very nice image Rick!(y)
I love the sense of foreboding...that sky really means business!
Good use of the rule of thirds too, placing the tree right on it.
Thanks Gareth,
I can confirm that within an hour we had a proper storm.

That shows how a dull day and cloudy sky can still yield an interesting image!

Hi Rick,
Dull - Hmm, doesn't work for me I'm afraid, it just looks underexposed. I guess that's how it looked on the day, but it just looks darkened (especially the heavy vignette).
Free Week - I much prefer this shot. The weel maintained road leading off into the distance. Private Road? Reeeeaaaalllly?
I prefer the original to the re-edit.

Hi Rick,
Dull - Hmm, doesn't work for me I'm afraid, it just looks underexposed. I guess that's how it looked on the day, but it just looks darkened (especially the heavy vignette).
Free Week - I much prefer this shot. The weel maintained road leading off into the distance. Private Road? Reeeeaaaalllly?
I prefer the original to the re-edit.
Thanks Tim, I appreciate the comments :)

Dull
It fits the theme well. The sky does look a bit threatening.

Snappers choice
I prefer the first edit, good use of the R.O.T

Dull
It fits the theme well. The sky does look a bit threatening.

Snappers choice
I prefer the first edit, good use of the R.O.T
Thank you Dominic. Much appreciated :)

Not keen on the alternative edit with the flare feels like taken inside a car. A nice quiet road would be perfect for my
1wmdnZb.gif

Not keen on the alternative edit with the flare feels like taken inside a car. A nice quiet road would be perfect for my
1wmdnZb.gif
That’s what I used to use it for. It was one of my routes.

1st one for me not keen on the processing in the 2nd one
Thanks, I was just having a play with some of the new filters :)

Great image for snappers choice Rick!(y)
Terrific road and compositionally spot on.
The placement of the sign is perfect for rule of thirds.
I also think the first image is stronger without the flare...but it's always fun to try new things!
Thanks Gareth, much appreciated :)

Last edited:
Hi Rick,

Empty - Nice and sharp but I do agree with others that it's a bit tight.
Building - Very well seen and composed. Love the natural frame.
Soft - Plenty of soft there. A touch too vibrant for me though.
Old - That must have been a fair old vacuum to cause that! Nice shot. I like the pp work on the colour.
Flowers - Nice shot with the focus concentrating on the flowers. Looks good in mono.
Dull - Great sky. Maybe a touch over processed? Looks like it's going to do something very unpleasant!
Snappers choice - Nice shot. I like the lead in.
Near - Second one for me. Very nice. Well lit.

Hi Rick,

Empty - Nice and sharp but I do agree with others that it's a bit tight.
Building - Very well seen and composed. Love the natural frame.
Soft - Plenty of soft there. A touch too vibrant for me though.
Old - That must have been a fair old vacuum to cause that! Nice shot. I like the pp work on the colour.
Flowers - Nice shot with the focus concentrating on the flowers. Looks good in mono.
Dull - Great sky. Maybe a touch over processed? Looks like it's going to do something very unpleasant!
Snappers choice - Nice shot. I like the lead in.
Near - Second one for me. Very nice. Well lit.
Thanks Lee, much appreciated :)

Back