weekly Rick448 52'ers challenge thread. Outake added.

How very brave of you Rick to post this in the forum. Like all the others my deepest condolences to you and your family. Totally understand the freedom this represents.
Thank you Chris :)

Isn't it just? Nice family moment :)

Isn't it just? Nice family moment :)
Thank you for the comment, she's not too keen on having her picture taken now so I was lucky to snap a few while she was messing in the garden. The XT-3 didn't do too bad using the wide tracking. :)

Blimey Rick!!
That is one exceedingly crisp, modern and amazing interior!!
Definitely wouldn't look out of place in a glossy, interior design brochure!
Cannot fault it!:clap:
Although I think you might have a bit of sensor dust, top left near the picture frame! Sorry!

Blimey Rick!!
That is one exceedingly crisp, modern and amazing interior!!
Definitely wouldn't look out of place in a glossy, interior design brochure!
Cannot fault it!:clap:
Although I think you might have a bit of sensor dust, top left near the picture frame! Sorry!

Thanks Gareth, I hadn't noticed that as I thought it was on my laptop screen! This is the view around the corner from the summer room which leads to the dining room.

DSCF2831 by rick phillips, on Flickr

Hi Rick,

Interior - Nicely done, Lines are straight, verticals are vertical and as Gareth says, a great room to shoot.
Splendid

Life - Lovely expression captured there, and an imaculate looking garden (in keeping with your interior shot).

Free Week - Condolences to you and the family Rick, not something I could have done at my Mum's funeral, it can't have been easy. It's nice to have captured that final memory.

Closed - Ooh, I think the colour version for me, the colours of the rust just don't come across on the mono shot (odd that innit ;) ).

Wide - Nicely done. Good use of the 10mm and nicely controlled, there is no hint that I can see of distortion.

Dirty - Lol. My only comment on this is I may have tried to get a whiter background?

Drink - Plenty of options there, but I agree with your choice of the 1st one posted. I think it just beats teh one without the bottle as the blues contrast with the reds.

Full - Oh that my teenagers' rooms were as tidy as that...

Hi Rick,

Interior - Nicely done, Lines are straight, verticals are vertical and as Gareth says, a great room to shoot.
Splendid

Life - Lovely expression captured there, and an imaculate looking garden (in keeping with your interior shot).

Free Week - Condolences to you and the family Rick, not something I could have done at my Mum's funeral, it can't have been easy. It's nice to have captured that final memory.

Closed - Ooh, I think the colour version for me, the colours of the rust just don't come across on the mono shot (odd that innit ;) ).

Wide - Nicely done. Good use of the 10mm and nicely controlled, there is no hint that I can see of distortion.

Dirty - Lol. My only comment on this is I may have tried to get a whiter background?

Drink - Plenty of options there, but I agree with your choice of the 1st one posted. I think it just beats teh one without the bottle as the blues contrast with the reds.

Full - Oh that my teenagers' rooms were as tidy as that...
Thanks for the feedback Tim, much appreciated :)

Blimey that's one clean shiny interior. Well shot.

Our place is that clean and tidy after Mrs Oy has had one of her mad cleaning sprees. Briefly :)

Blimey that's one clean shiny interior. Well shot.

Our place is that clean and tidy after Mrs Oy has had one of her mad cleaning sprees. Briefly :)
Thanks Dave, it is a constant battle in our house, me and my little girl are very untidy, and my wife is a clean freak. It makes for an interesting dynamic...

Interior could of come out of a glossy mansion mag, crisp clean and bang on.
Thanks Dave. The wife would be pleased, though I won’t let her see the comments :D

Two beautiful interior shots and could easily be mistaken as pages from a professional designer magazine.
Thanks Stan, much appreciated.

Hi there Rick,

You've posted some fantastic images since I last looked in.
I love Dirty for the colour pop and for the fit to the theme.
My deepest sympathies to you and your family Rick. A lovely tribute.
Absolutely cracking image for Life. What a wonderful expression and perfectly captured.
Finally, two amazing images for Interior. That is a stunning place!

Hi there Rick,

You've posted some fantastic images since I last looked in.
I love Dirty for the colour pop and for the fit to the theme.
My deepest sympathies to you and your family Rick. A lovely tribute.
Absolutely cracking image for Life. What a wonderful expression and perfectly captured.
Finally, two amazing images for Interior. That is a stunning place!
Thanks Lee,
I am very lucky to have such a great house, the thing I love about this challenge is that it is making me photograph things I would never have considered before. :)

Interior
Looks like a show home. Good exposure with all those white shiny stuff.

Interior
Looks like a show home. Good exposure with all those white shiny stuff.
Thanks Dominic, I was wary about not using any form of flash, hence having to use a tripod to get things sharp. Though the second pic was handheld.

Plastic.

Having a bit of a play in post, something a little different, I appreciate it won't be to everyones taste.

DSCF2848 by rick phillips, on Flickr

I like the editing in this bin shot Rick, what preset did you use.
I didn't use a preset as such, I processed it for tones etc, and then added the timeless LUT ad tweaked it. This is ON1 Photo RAW.

Very nice, crisp and colourful image that works very well due to it's simple composition.(y)
I like the grading/processing too, works well, gives it a nice punchy feel.
Nice to see that you have matching bins too!:giggle:
Thanks Gareth, I never thought I'd be processing pictures of wheelie bins! :D

Nice simple composition Rick!(y)
Love the smooth background blur too... perfectly emphasizes the subject.
Thanks Gareth, it was a quick grab as I am pretty stacked out this week. It does show the great qualities of the 90mm lens though :)

For the shot with the 90mm it is a good shot, might be a bit tight at the top but still good.
Thanks Dave, I agree, it is a bit tight. :)

Back