weekly Rick448 52'ers challenge thread. Outake added.

Near and Dear are two very nicely taken images Rick, like both but my choice is the first shot loving the dark BG.
Thanks dave :)

^^^^ yep that. Nicely taken and bang on theme!

Hi Rick

Snappers Choice, thats a really nice image, ROT, lead in lines, great sky, Simples.
Not liking the alternative edit.

Near, I like the dark background, but there is more details in the figures on the 2nd edit, due to size I think.

Pete

Hi Rick

Snappers Choice, thats a really nice image, ROT, lead in lines, great sky, Simples.
Not liking the alternative edit.

Near, I like the dark background, but there is more details in the figures on the 2nd edit, due to size I think.

Pete
Thanks for the comments Pete :)

Original edit I think for me, the second one feels a little tight (but being square would suit instagram better).
Thanks Tim, appreciate the comment.

School's out! Alice Cooper.

I had to grab something quickly today as we are out and about for the next few days and I may not get chance to upload stuff onto the site.

DSCF1666 by rick phillips, on Flickr

Looks wet and gloomy there Rick, I know it`s a weekend but it would of been a fantastic shot if someone had been running out.
I could try and get a shot of that next week. It’s the dance academy on a weekend. Problem is when they leave it’s full of cars.

Near
A nice little still life and something that has great meaning to you.

Looks a bit like my old Comprehensive back in the day...
The aged purple pp gives it a very 70s look (or is that the look of an old photo that's gone slightly off), so works really well for the theme. :)

Great shot for the SONG theme!
Looks a bit like my old Comprehensive back in the day...
The aged purple pp gives it a very 70s look (or is that the look of an old photo that's gone slightly off), so works really well for the theme. :)

Thanks both, much appreciated. I used one of the vintage matte LUTs in On1 to get that look. It reminds me of my school days too...

Great images Rick!(y)

Near: Fantastic work. Superb lighting and great composition. Cannot fault it. I prefer #1.
Song: Very imaginative processing which really suits the tone (and song), very nicely done.
Thanks Gareth, comments much appreciated :)

This is an aircraft we have borrowed from one of our operators to allow us to carry out some realistic training.

DSCF1804 by rick phillips, on Flickr

Wow, it's not every day you get to borrow a plane! Nice picture and a great idea

What kind of training do you have to do with a plane, Nice idea for the theme.
We do a number of different things, including search and rescue, casualty extraction, gaining entry, smoke removal (using cosmetic smoke) etc etc. Basically, anything to do with responding to emergencies within aircraft.

Thanks Dave :)

Like it, well composed and exposed, smart looking jet that.
Thanks. It’s actually not a jet but the prop engines have been removed. :) it is a Jetstream 41.

Halloween.

Not had much time to do anything so snapped this against her wishes!

DSCF1829 by rick phillips, on Flickr

#2 image for me Rick, as you now can see some detail in your daughters cheek and nice shot too.
Thanks Dave, I always rush to get these pics on and then wish I'd spent longer in PP

Lovely portrait Rick, lighting looks great andit has a nice dark bg.
Thanks Michael, I'm hoping she will play ball a bit more so I can practise lighting a lot more.

Nice shot - version two works better :)

Nice shot - version two works better :)
Lovely portrait Rick.(y)
#2 is better, the processing has worked well.
The single point lighting works well here, I like the strong contrasts, works well with spooky images.

Thanks guys, I agree on the second version. Comments such appreciated. :)

Nice portrait, it is No 2 for me as well.

I can only agree taking the highlights down a touch has certainly improved it not that it was bad before. Nice black BG too

Back