Weekly Rick448 52'ers challenge thread. Song title added.

GarethB

Likes to peek
Name
Gareth
Edit My Images
Yes
I agree, the rear view is a stunner!
Not that there's anything wrong with the car images....the second one has some really nice colours in the sky and the first one shows the thick layer of frost on the rear windscreen - very fitting for the cold theme!
They're both technically good images, but the view of the sunrise and the flock of birds has real drama and is such a joy to look at with all those wonderful colours.
Perfect fit for the theme!
Nice work Rick!(y)

OP
OP
rick448
Name
Rick
Edit My Images
No
I agree, the rear view is a stunner!
Not that there's anything wrong with the car images....the second one has some really nice colours in the sky and the first one shows the thick layer of frost on the rear windscreen - very fitting for the cold theme!
They're both technically good images, but the view of the sunrise and the flock of birds has real drama and is such a joy to look at with all those wonderful colours.
Perfect fit for the theme!
Nice work Rick!(y)
Thanks for the comments Gareth, much appreciated :)

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Rick

Clean, well controlled flash. wells well creating the black background and no flash back from the shiny clean bits. Lots of details and fits the theme.

Open, a good clean sharp image. the glass merging into the backgound on the left makes it look strange. Nice use of colours. More details in the B&W shot, but losing the colours for me is not as good.

Distant, second image seems a bit more realistic.

Cold, It looks cold, nice to have the birds flocking and the sun is looking weak.Lovely colours in the sky. The frost on the cars does not work quite as well for the theme for me.

Pete

OP
OP
rick448
Name
Rick
Edit My Images
No
That’s very nice, colours in the sky are beautiful and the birds add the finishing touch ...an excellent choice for the topic.
That sunrise is a lovely scene, Rick. Despite the warm colours in the sky there is a chilly, crisp overall feeling that makes it perfect for this theme. Super textures in the foreground too.
Thanks for the comments :)

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
I like that. Not usually a colour pop fan either but this works :)

Name
Garry
Edit My Images
Yes
Great shot Rick, I’m a fan of selected colour photos. Really sharp image and definitely tells a story. Nice one

Last edited:

GarethB

Likes to peek
Name
Gareth
Edit My Images
Yes
Fantastic!
I love images of heavy machinery!!
Very well composed shot....love the low angle....though I suppose they're all low angles with a huge vehicle like that!!:giggle:
I think I like the mono treatment better than the colour variant....there's such nice contrasts in there, and it's such an impressive vehicle, it almost looks a little, dare I say, 'lost'....though that yellow hue is jolly nice!
Spot colour/selective colour has it's place I think. Overused? Clichéd?....Perhaps, but when done well and meaningfully it can be great.
I think you have done well with this image Rick.
It highlights an important feature of the image which tells the story and is definitely theme-worthy!!
Nicely done!(y)

OP
OP
rick448
Name
Rick
Edit My Images
No
Fantastic!
I love images of heavy machinery!!
Very well composed shot....love the low angle....though I suppose they're all low angles with a huge vehicle like that!!:giggle:
I think I like the mono treatment better than the colour variant....there's such nice contrasts in there, and it's such an impressive vehicle, it almost looks a little, dare I say, 'lost'....though that yellow hue is jolly nice!
Spot colour/selective colour has it's place I think. Overused? Clichéd?....Perhaps, but when done well and meaningfully it can be great.
I think you have done well with this image Rick.
It highlights an important feature of the image which tells the story and is definitely theme-worthy!!
Nicely done!(y)
Hi Gareth, many thanks for the in depth feedback, much appreciated :)

Name
Andrea
Edit My Images
Yes
I echo most of the comments above, Rick - I'm not a fan of selective colouring but it works here. I would prefer the colour version if that other bright vehicle wasn't on the right hand side, but it's all too yellow with that there so IMHO you made the right choices. The low POV and colour on the uniform draw attention to it and imply that everything is poised for action.

OP
OP
rick448
Name
Rick
Edit My Images
No
I echo most of the comments above, Rick - I'm not a fan of selective colouring but it works here. I would prefer the colour version if that other bright vehicle wasn't on the right hand side, but it's all too yellow with that there so IMHO you made the right choices. The low POV and colour on the uniform draw attention to it and imply that everything is poised for action.
Thanks Andrea, much appreciated :)

Edit My Images
Yes
I really like the original 'waiting'. Great idea and setas a scene well.

Which country's fire service is this? My bro-in-law is a Fire Station Manager at Heathrow Airport

Name
Bob
Edit My Images
Yes
Good idea. I first thought it was just a rough texture shot of wood when I saw it on my phone. Then I saw the ring. So spot on for the theme and the idea of the diamond sitting on a lump of wood is clever.