Weekly Rick448 52'ers challenge thread.Waiting added.

Name
Dominic
Edit My Images
Yes
Open
The lighting works nicely and so does the composition. I can't help but think the bottle is leaning very slightly to the right. The left hand side of the bottle looks to be straight but the right isn't. I don't know if it's because the bottle isn't quite square on.

Name
Tim
Edit My Images
Yes
I think there is an improvement in there that you could bring out in post.
The background is quite hazy and hte foreground seems a bit over saturated to me, so some de-sat, he-haze and playing with contrast / clarity sliders maybe?
Just my thoughts, ymmv.

OP
OP
rick448
Name
Rick
Edit My Images
No
I think there is an improvement in there that you could bring out in post.
The background is quite hazy and hte foreground seems a bit over saturated to me, so some de-sat, he-haze and playing with contrast / clarity sliders maybe?
Just my thoughts, ymmv.
Hi,
Thanks for the comments, to be honest I just wanted to get something up this week. I am stacked out and haven't had time to play around with this, hopefully I'll be back on form next week :)

OP
OP
rick448
Name
Rick
Edit My Images
No
Fits the theme for Distant shores imo, you got a shot in so well done and look forward to the next one.
Thanks Dave
Nice image Rick.(y)
Sharp details on the plane....I think I prefer the second image.
The plane looked a little 'cool' in the first one.
Fits the theme nicely, and I like the hazy effect from the jet blast out the back.
Thanks Gareth, I was a bit rushed trying to get this in. I must learn to take more time, it's a recurrent problem for me at the moment when shooting stuff.

Tend to agree with @GarethB, the plane seems clearer. Suits the theme well
On theme for sure. I think I would have tried to shoot the plane just taking off or in the air .. just a thought.
The plan was to shoot an aircraft departing, but due to my schedule I couldn't get a shot, that had just landed and was taxiing to stand.

Name
Lee
Edit My Images
No
Hi Rick,

Sorry I've missed your thread thus far.

New - I like the shot. Good DoF and the image works well in mono. I like the grittyness about it too.
Clean - A nice clean shot ( :coat:) that is right for the theme. The shot is well lit but I'd like a touch more on the left hand side I think.
Open - Nice shot and bang on theme. Spot on! I prefer the colour version personally.
Distant - Second shot for me. A break somewhere warm would go down well right now too.

OP
OP
rick448
Name
Rick
Edit My Images
No
Don't be too hard on yourself, Rick - it's on theme, on time, and the slight edit in version 2 has improved the colours. Some weeks are a battle but you're up to date (y)
Thanks, much appreciated :)
Hi Rick,

Sorry I've missed your thread thus far.

New - I like the shot. Good DoF and the image works well in mono. I like the grittyness about it too.
Clean - A nice clean shot ( :coat:) that is right for the theme. The shot is well lit but I'd like a touch more on the left hand side I think.
Open - Nice shot and bang on theme. Spot on! I prefer the colour version personally.
Distant - Second shot for me. A break somewhere warm would go down well right now too.
Thanks for the feedback :)