weekly Rick448 52'ers challenge thread. Outake added.

Works for the theme for me. :)
My suggestion for this shot would be to look at the horizontals.
The carrier is a couple of degrees down on the right, which looks accidental.
Either straighten it, or give it sufficient angle that it's obviously not supposed to be flat.

Are the majority of the cutlery from Debenhams? They look like the ones we have.

Works for the theme for me. :)
My suggestion for this shot would be to look at the horizontals.
The carrier is a couple of degrees down on the right, which looks accidental.
Either straighten it, or give it sufficient angle that it's obviously not supposed to be flat.

Are the majority of the cutlery from Debenhams? They look like the ones we have.
Thanks for the comments, to be honest, I shot this quite quickly and the one big lesson I have learnt with this challenge is to not rush submitting! I have no idea where the cutlery is from, I just pay for it ;)

Very good tones, love the reflections.
Looks good with a black background, and is certainly on theme.
Interesting little splash of colour on the right too.
Nice work Rick.(y)
Spot on for theme. A well-arranged shot and the colour in the handle adds to the overall image.
They are clean thats for sure works well with the black background very nice
Thanks all, I took this with a AD600M and 860ii just for a bit of fun, my space is very limited, but it works for what I wanted to achieve. I could have made better of it, but time was precious ( I was going to the pub!)

Nice shot for clean Rick, sometimes I need to really have a think as I`d never of thought of this. Good shot and well done.
Thanks Dave, I am trying to keep on theme, well, my interpretation of it at least. :)

Works well in B&W. What did you use for lighting?
If you mean the "Clean' image, that is in colour, though granted, not very colourful. I toyed with converting it, but as I had done B&W in week one I left it in colour.

Lighting was a AD600M on the right with a small softbox and grid for the main light, I used an 860ii with a standard reflector from the right to fill in some of the shadows.

artificial lighting is one area that I know very little about, but it looks well done to me. Well taken :)
Thanks Carl,

I am trying to improve in that area, it's just trying to find the time, that is why I committed to this challenge.

Clean
I like the light fall off from right to left, a good background and quite simply a good clean shot.

Clean
I like the light fall off from right to left, a good background and quite simply a good clean shot.
Thanks for the comments. :)

Not an easy subject to lit but you've done well, the only thing I can find is the crop is a bit too tight to me.
Excellent idea for the theme Rick, you've managed really well with all that shiny cutlery.

Thanks for the comments, much appreciated :)

And when I saw that the other day, I thought bugger! We had a new dishwasher delivered yesterday.

Very nicely done indeed, good detail and nice black background

And when I saw that the other day, I thought bugger! We had a new dishwasher delivered yesterday.

Very nicely done indeed, good detail and nice black background
Hahaha, thanks for the comment :)

Hi mate.

New - Nice shot to get you off the mark. Mono works well. Reminds me of the old school boxing gyms.

Clean - Interesting shot. It can be hard to control the highlights in all those shiny bits!
nice set composition I like the dark background
Thanks for the comments :)

Very Nice :)
Great picture too I do like the arrangement
Cool shot Rick, good lighting and a nice clean BG pus also like that you left the cork in the frame too.
Thanks, I have been having a bit of a play with flash lately. I need more practise but I’m getting there a bit at a time.

I really like the simplicity of this image, and the lighting is really nice too.

Nice shot of the Scotch. Not one I;d buy but as me owd Dad says... There's no bad whisky. There's good whisky and there's great whisky :)

I really like the simplicity of this image, and the lighting is really nice too.

Thanks for the comments :)

Nice shot of the Scotch. Not one I;d buy but as me owd Dad says... There's no bad whisky. There's good whisky and there's great whisky :)

I have a bottle of something else to try once I have finished this, I will take a shot of that too as it is a clear bottle and should look better, as it isn't currently open I couldn't use it for this challenge.

Yep, lighting on the glass, reflection, spot on ! Might even try this one myself but with a dark background. It also seems a lot less harsh on the green bottle. Giving me a few ideas Rick (y)

I like this, especially the colour version. Nice differing colours and great composition. Nice entry

But....... is the bottle ever so slightly leaning to the right?

I like this, especially the colour version. Nice differing colours and great composition. Nice entry

But....... is the bottle ever so slightly leaning to the right?

It could be, it was resting on a padded leather topped storage box so I had to mess with it a bit. I have tried straightening it in post, it's near enough for me after 3 doubles ;)

Yep, lighting on the glass, reflection, spot on ! Might even try this one myself but with a dark background. It also seems a lot less harsh on the green bottle. Giving me a few ideas Rick (y)
Glad you like it, I'm really starting to enjoy playing with my lights now, this challenge has been great for me.

Back