Critique Right, you lot!! Listen up!

Name
Tim
Edit My Images
Yes
I've been catching up with several threads today and I have noticed a lot of Springtail "hate" creeping in. People complaining of being "bored" of shooting collembola, threads celebrating being "non-collembola" related, threads featuring dead collembola and even threads of other subjects eating collembola! Well I won't stand for it, you hear?!? :punch::rage::punch::rage:

I can appreciate you are all keenly awaiting the arrival of Spring, and the opportunity to go out and find an infinite variety of larger bugs and no longer having to rummage through the soil and leaf litter in the freezing cold and pouring rain, but collembola are what sustain the macro photographer through the autumn and winter months and the little fellas offer their own not-insignificant amount of diversity and enable us to shoot them without complaint.

So, lets have no more negativity towards the Springtails, ok? :bat: By way of punishment, you can have not just one, but three images of a single collembola and appreciate the fact these guys are still out there, performing for the cameras when all other insect subjects hide themselves away:

Dicyrtomina Triptych by Tim.Garlick, on Flickr

Last edited:
:sleep:

Only joking!!

Lovely set.

:D:D:D
Brilliant Tim
Always appreciate the high mag work that you guys are doing it amazing:)
The set of three is brilliant btw

Last edited:
Guilty as charged, i don't know what came over me your honour. :exit:

Stunning little set Tim.

You'll get no collembola complaints from me.

I'm in love with the little buggers and won't hear a word against them.

Thats a nice little triptych, good stuff.

Great shot these bloody scum saying they are bored and want something new tut tut. Naughty peeps.

I'm so happy with the 4 species I find all the time. Woo hoo

I need to find some new looking locations and hopefully find that fusca again.

"Spice up your life" ;) :p

Last edited:
Good set Timmy, I too like the pose of the third shot very much.(y)

George.

Back