Name
Michael
Edit My Images
Yes
Here is a photograph I took from Rijks Museum Library in Amsterdam.

Rijks Museum Library by Michael D Beckwith, on Flickr

Just a bit of feed back. The Rijks Musem allow photography but not the use of either flash or tripod. I knew this in advance and brought a photographic beanbag which I put on the balcony and took this shoot at 100 iso with. If you do go to Rijks Museum in Amsterdam it would be advisable to bring a photographic beanbag with you if can, it is well worth it and they don't cost too much. (also a good idea to have a trigger remote as well)

Looks an interesting place. I like your image, but it could do with a small tweak to fix distortion and also correcting verticals. Did you take any pictures of the ceiling area too?

:agree:

…and did you consider tweaking the WB of the lower floors?

TBH because the lighting is (obviously) mixed I'd want to keep the artificially lit parts warm and the daylight parts cold, although I'd probably make the whole image a little cooler. I like a warmer image, even if it isn't always technically perfect.

Michael, Toni… just experimenting

A, applied to the whole image: keystoning
B, applied to the right side of the image only
  1. selective WB tweaks layer
  2. selective tonal tweaks layer

Rijks%20Museum%20Library.jpg

I like the original, the greens on the top floor are now a little too 'in your face',my eye is now drawn straight to the top left. I don't mind the darker areas as it forces the eye down and to spend time looking.

Interesting place Michael, one I've not seen before. Thanks for sharing

I like the original, the greens on the top floor are now a little too 'in your face',my eye is now drawn straight to the top left. I don't mind the darker areas as it forces the eye down and to spend time looking.

Interesting place Michael, one I've not seen before. Thanks for sharing

To be fair to Daniel, the greens on the left top floor - the original - are the ones that are striking, and those on the RHS are post WB treatment & more subdued.

To be fair to Daniel, the greens on the left top floor - the original - are the ones that are striking, and those on the RHS are post WB treatment & more subdued.

Yes… and it proves again that hardly no miracle
may be expected on jpg files… nothing is perfect. :)

Last edited:
Back