Ring flash diffuser for MPE65 mm

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
Sadly my ring flash that I use with my Canon MPE65 mm has died. I do have a twin flash but I really find it gets in the way and hate using it.
Any ideas on how to either
a) create a new diffuser for a new ring flash?
b) any advice for using the twin flash (it is the Yongnou Y24-ex flash. I did buy custom diffusers for it - and they are useless - really get in the way. The seller was helpful but I really hate them - others might have a different experience).

b) any advice for using the twin flash (it is the Yongnou Y24-ex flash. I did buy custom diffusers for it - and they are useless - really get in the way. The seller was helpful but I really hate them - others might have a different experience).

I recently got an MPE-65 and Yongnuo 24EX. I haven't done much with them yet, but my initial impression of using the Yongnuo was not favourable. Above 2X to 3X the MPE-65 working distance is getting down towards 40mm and I found the flash heads were getting in the way even with very simple (and possibly not very effective) diffusers. Perhaps it was just me though because there are some really good macro photographers who use lens-mounted twin flash units with the MPE-65 and get great results.

Last edited:
All I can say is bits of paper and sticky tape, no ring flash for me has produced great results, always too OP for super close up.

Back