River Gelt

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
No
The River Gelt in Cumbria is a little sandstone lined treasure trove of a location. Deep channels, waterfalls, ravines, woodland, it's stunning....here's a couple from Saturday evening....

River Gelt
by Martin Steele, on Flickr

The Gelt
by Martin Steele, on Flickr

arclight

Oooh that burglar's a cutie
Name
Doug
Edit My Images
Yes
No1 does not go easy on my eyes because the very large log is too dominant.
No2 has very appealing sweeping lines (esp. within the rock formation). I enjoy studying that shot.

OP
OP
Steelo
Name
Martin
Edit My Images
No
Love the second shot cracking couple of images!
No 2 works for me.
Thank you folks :)

No1 does not go easy on my eyes because the very large log is too dominant.
No2 has very appealing sweeping lines (esp. within the rock formation). I enjoy studying that shot.
Thank you Doug. I somewhat agree about the tree, and had it not been a full blown tree, the way across the water and the sandstone more slippy than ice, I'd have had a shot at moving it for my photos. :)

Edit My Images
Yes
A place I remember as a child as my parents had a caravan in a farmers field near Talkin village. I will have to return now:) with my camera, second for me without the bottom third, to give a square crop.

OP
OP
Steelo
Name
Martin
Edit My Images
No
For me I prefer 1 with the big log.

The problem with 2 is the river seems more to the right and it’s all a bit unbalanced
Cheers mate :)

A place I remember as a child as my parents had a caravan in a farmers field near Talkin village. I will have to return now:) with my camera, second for me without the bottom third, to give a square crop.
Thank you. Interesting idea on the crop, I like it! Well worth a visit, especially just now with such low water levels :)