River Nidd Knaresborough

Name
Geoff
Edit My Images
Yes
river-nidd-knaresborough-3115.jpg

Nah, doesn't work for me, no loco in it! :)

(I like it really!)

Very nice shot, well composed, bags of detail, and a good mono presentation giving a nice full range of tones.(y)

George.

it's a cracker, can I ask what was your location for shooting ???? never seen the bridge from that point of view before and I have been there a few times.

Thanks Paul and Paul.

can I ask what was your location for shooting ????

I was in the grounds of the castle, the bowling green and museum would be behind me and the war memorial on my left and Castle Yard to the right.

Agree, a good range of tones and nice detail. Could the highlights in the sky be tamed a bit?

Its an interesting example. It really draws me to the location and makes me find out more. Overall, I think it is a very reasonable processing if a little extreme in the sky.

I'd tone the sky down a little. Get rid of the extra clarity completely there. Probably a little crop to make the bridge dead in the centre too. The two little chemtrails on the left need to disappear. Horrible things wherever they appear. Basically the sky needs to give way to the bridge as the most fancy and contrasty feature.

Another option is an autumnal shot in full glory of colour and warm sunlight and ideally rising mist.

Back