River Washburn

One thing I noticed with the second image is that the sky reflected in the water is a very different colour to the sky itself. Almost purple rather than blue.
It is a very nice scene though.

hi peter
i like your no 1 and if it was mine i would have belted it a bit with pp...just to suit my taste
its a great fundamental shot and with real composure
cheers
geof

One thing I noticed with the second image is that the sky reflected in the water is a very different colour to the sky itself. Almost purple rather than blue.
It is a very nice scene though.
Thanks Ruth. I see what you mean about the purple. Whilst I did boost the saturation a bit in that area I'm wondering whether that was down to the blue clouds relfected in the reddish-brown water. I might see if I can tweak that down a bit though

hi peter
i like your no 1 and if it was mine i would have belted it a bit with pp...just to suit my taste
its a great fundamental shot and with real composure
cheers
geof
Thanks Geof. I'd agree about your comment on #1 although I must admit to trying to tweak it but never settled on anything that felt natural enough for me.

Hi Peter
Yes I think its as you say the minerals in the water giving it the rusty red colouring (maybe Iron) mixed with a dollop of blue sky add a bit of long exposure and there's your purple! I actually quite like it, I probably wouldn't change it. Would have been nice if someone had planted those Daffs in the bank;).

Anyhow No1 really lovely shot, love the shadow of that tree hitting the grass and the tree with the split trunk.
No2 that's my pick, really like the long exposure, nice colour and reflections down the river. Like the Stone wall peeping through the trees, and like that lichen and moss on the stones in the foreground, great texture...

Nice Pair Peter!

Back